Finally had to change profile today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard46

Jake, our loving and faithful companion for the last 10 years passed away 2 weeks ago. Took me this long to be able to put it in words.

Attachments

• 1005 (800x600) (Copy).jpg
    1005 (800x600) (Copy).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 90
I am sorry that you beloved pet has passed away. I know how hard that must be, I had to put my dog to sleep 15 years ago.

You should resize the photo. It is way too large. Change it to around 800x600 and then it will be easier for us to view.

Sorry to hear that Jerry, I know just how tough that can be.
Even though they cannot be replaced, sometimes getting a rescue when the time is right can help. That has worked for us knowing we are helping another one.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Our hairy kids creep into our hearts and then break them when they have to move on to the Rainbow Bridge. We had a "Jake" back in the 80s. He was a goof. Now we have Gordon who is also a goof.

Wendy

So sorry for your loss and heart ache.  I hope all gets better for you soon.  Animals sure make a mark on our souls ( or psyches)  don't they?

So sorry for your loss.  We understand.  We put down our Dusty (yellow lab) in 2001 and will still tear up occasionally.  The good ones are such a gift, but so hard to lose.

Margi

Sorry to hear about your loss.  It is ever so hard.

My condolences on the loss of your loved one. Certainly a beautiful dog in the photo and the facial expression just speaks love.

Jerry,

So sorry to hear about Jake. I certainly understand the time it took to make this change. We've lost a couple of four legged family members. It's never easy but, usually, another comes to take their place.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Few dogs had it made like Jake and fewer still traveled as much as he did.

There will be another rescue dog in the future, maybe another half as good as Jake.

Last picture and this post can be closed
Jake on Mt. Washburn, Yellowstone National Park.

Attachments

• 24-16 (Copy).jpg
    24-16 (Copy).jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 30
Wizard46 said:
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Few dogs had it made like Jake and fewer still traveled as much as he did.

There will be another rescue dog in the future, maybe another half as good as Jake.

Last picture and this post can be closed
Jake on Mt. Washburn, Yellowstone National Park.

Jerry, I felt the same about old "Red Dog" who left for the bridge a little over a year ago.  He made many many fishing trips with me over the years, and even traveled to Alaska and back in '06. 

I'm sure he would have been willing to embark on another journey on the very day that I had to put him down, but I couldn't let that happen.  His pain and eminent departure was breaking my heart.

I lasted just over two weeks before adopting another rescue dog, and now have a very grateful, very faithful, very loving "older dog", who I'll have to part with again someday, helping me forget remember old "Red Dog".

Visit a shelter, make a friend, make a difference... 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom