EPDM Coatings
RV LED Bulbs offer Sponsored by Spotless Water Systems Sponsored by RV Upgrades width= Composet Products EVDO

Author Topic: Bypass Norcold recall box?  (Read 895 times)

Arne

• ---
    • Arne's Adventures
Bypass Norcold recall box?
« on: June 14, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »
My house batteries died today.  At the same time our 4 door Norcold refrigerator stopped working.  There is a solid red light on the Norcold recall box behind the refrigerator.  12 volts is reaching this box, and no current is leaving. 

I understand that the box must be replaced.   Hopefully I will figure out how to do so tomorrow.  Since this may take a while I would like to bypass this box until the replacement arrives.  (Our freezer is full of goodies).  I would appreciate it if somebody would tell me how to do this.

Thanks
Arne >:(
--Arne
Travel is my hobby.
Photography is my passion.
I also do woodworking.
Visit my web-site at www.thesen.org

maverickbbd

• ---
Re: Bypass Norcold recall box?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 08:31:24 AM »
Take the DC wire coming into "the box" and put it directly to your control board.  If I remember they are labeled.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:48:19 AM by maverickbbd »
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom (coonhound mix) Formerly of Bellingham, WA.
2005 Winnebago Journey 36G
350 Cat  w/ aero turbine muffler, afe air filter on FL xc custom w/ 4ea Koni fsd's & Safe-T-Plus.
'94 Jeep Cherokee Sport toad
Falcon All-terrain w/ S.M.I. stay and play
FMCA 397030
WIT   129107

Arne

• ---
    • Arne's Adventures
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 08:39:47 AM »
Thanks that worked.  I replaced the blue cable going from the box to the control board by the yellow cable providing 12 volts to the box..  I now have a mobile rv repair guy cheking to see if i have a more serious problem.
ARNE
--Arne
Travel is my hobby.
I also do woodworking.

Arne

• ---
    • Arne's Adventures
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 07:42:02 PM »
Good news.  The problem was in the recall box.  The tech had a replacement box.  The food in our freezer is saved!
Arne
--Arne
Travel is my hobby.
I also do woodworking.