"You are not allowed to send personal messages"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L4V

Hello again.
Yesterday I sent a Thank You message to Tom.  I got a note of "Successfully Sent".
This morning I clicked on "Messages" then "Sent Items".
This popped up:
"An Error Has Occurred!"
"You are not allowed to send personal messages"
Huh?  Why am I not allowed?
Thanks again.
Don 
:)

Don, it's just a security measure that requires you to post some public messages before PMs are (automatically) enabled. You're getting close to being enabled  ;)

I'm not sure why you received the "Successfully Sent" message. I'll need to log in as a newcomer to figure it out.

Thanks once again, Tom
Don
:)
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=54453.0

This question comes up frequently on this forum. Why does the message say "You are not allowed to send personal messages"? Why doesn't it say "You are not allowed to send personal messages until you have the minimum number of posts"?

This question comes up frequently on this forum.

I wouldn't call 20 or so times (my best guess/recollection) in the last seven years 'frequent'.

Why doesn't it say "You are not allowed to send personal messages until you have the minimum number of posts"?

Because the criteria may not be limited to just the number of posts, and the software developers couldn't be expected to anticipate which criteria a forum owner might include when configuring their forum.

Meanwhile, an explanation of the fact that ability to send PMs may not be enabled has been stated in a number of messages/locations within the forum. I'll look at including it somewhere more obvious.

Back
Top Bottom