Let's see pictures of your 4x4!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,
We also bought sight unseen and had the mods made before we saw it (except for a Teraflex 2.5-inch lift).
Ernie

Attachments

• 2DSCF1384Startiing theClimb5122.jpg
    2DSCF1384Startiing theClimb5122.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Rubicon4282.jpg
    Rubicon4282.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 142
  • JeepClimingSM5062.jpg
    JeepClimingSM5062.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 159
Here's mine.  A bit more special purpose than your Jeeps, but then she gets me to the coast in comfort too.

Attachments

• DCP_0078 (Medium).JPG
    DCP_0078 (Medium).JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 186
Ernie n Tara said:
We also bought sight unseen and had the mods made before we saw it (except for a Teraflex 2.5-inch lift).

Ernie - that's the color I was looking for when Rubicon shopping - I love the yellow (and easy to see on the trail) :p!  I was having a difficult time finding an automatic 2005/6 Unlimited (the LJ) Rubicon, so color took on a secondary attribute.

Just Lou said:
Here's mine.  A bit more special purpose than your Jeeps, but then she gets me to the coast in comfort too.

Nice surf fishing rig Lou!

One pic of our Avi clearing the driveway but notice there is no plow, we don't use conventional methods in our household  ;D . We just spin around and drive up and down until a path is cleared for other vehicles...it's fun and free (except for the gas) and the good time doing it.....priceless.

The other pic is the poor Avi preparing for a "for sale" sign to be put on. We can't tow them both fulltiming and towing a 3/4 ton truck just seems a little silly so the Vue goes with us and the Avi finds a home that will hopefully appreciate such an awesome truck! We did have good times with it since 05 though.

Attachments

• AviSnow.jpg
    AviSnow.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Avalanche.jpg
    Avalanche.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 115
The old TJ. Notice the yellow skid plate idea that I stole from one of John's posts....Thanks John...! ;D

Attachments

• TJ15-30rs.jpg
    TJ15-30rs.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 143
  • TJ25-30rs.jpg
    TJ25-30rs.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 120
  • TJ65-30rs.jpg
    TJ65-30rs.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 120
John Canfield said:
Ernie - that's the color I was looking for when Rubicon shopping - I love the yellow (and easy to see on the trail) :p

When we had our yellow Xterra (ol' yeller), we were always tailgunner at QZ, Moab and other off-road forum rallies. The ride leader was always able to spot us at the rear. Boy we miss ol' yeller. The attached picture has Ron Ruward spotting for me.

Attachments

• P1010039.JPG
    P1010039.JPG
    353.4 KB · Views: 81
Dar said:
..so the Vue goes with us and the Avi finds a home that will hopefully appreciate such an awesome truck! We did have good times with it since 05 though.

We don't have any snow clearing experience at the ranch and I hope it stays that way :D.  I can't imagine life without my pickup truck.

Water Dog said:
The old TJ. Notice the yellow skid plate idea that I stole from one of John's posts....Thanks John...! ;D

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!  Actually I'll have to give credit to DW - I gave her a choice of black, white, or safety yellow for the skid plates since I had those colors in Rustoleum available 8).

Here's a picture of Rubi on the trailer today at Tom Sawyer's RV Park on the Mississippi River at West Memphis, AR.

Attachments

• TomSawyersRVparkSite66.jpg
    TomSawyersRVparkSite66.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 106
John Canfield said:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!  Actually I'll have to give credit to DW - I gave her a choice of black, white, or safety yellow for the skid plates since I had those colors in Rustoleum available 8) .
I love it when fate steps in to make our decisions. ;D

Here's mine in a poser shot the day I brought it home.  A '12 Nissan Xterra Pro4x 6MT.  Compared to the base, this one comes with upgraded suspension, thin skid plates(as opposed to none) and rear locker. I don't wheel much, I just wanted something offroad worthy in its stock form as once in a while, I like leaving the pavement sometimes driving across a ditch or over an embankment to go onto an old fire or logging road.  Those old roads are often washed out and have some mud.

If I was a serious wheeler, I'd replace the bumper, add thicker skid plates and sliders.

A Jeep was not a consideration for a few reasons:  local dealer burnt me when I had a Jeep and I hold a grudge, an unlimited Ruby is more expensive than a Pro4x due to financing rate, and the lower towing capacity.  The first reason was the main one.

Only upgrade I did to it was ditch the BFG Rugged Trail(pavement only tire even if the name says otherwise) in exchange for GoodYear Duratracs.

Attachments

• 2012_Xterra_Pro4X.JPG
    2012_Xterra_Pro4X.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 69
Nice looking ride Marc!  The Xterra was my first choice when we were shopping for our first toad.  Two things steered us away - DW didn't like the visibility over the hood and the auto tranny model wasn't authorized to tow 4-down.  I had to have an auto for the trail so we never bought an Xterra.

We ran into a large Nissan group at Moab last year - I think they had a couple of hundred participating on trail runs in the area.

It's GONE Moab (Gathering of Nissan Enthousiast).  I've seen pictures and videos of it, but never went.  It would take me several days and lots of gas to go there. 

having fun around Page Az, stock Jeep Wrangler.

Attachments

• jeepoff1.jpg
    jeepoff1.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 84
OK I'll play, here is mine a 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport from a recent trip to Moab, UT.

Attachments

• Moab_Trip12-1.jpg
    Moab_Trip12-1.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Moab_Trip22-1.jpg
    Moab_Trip22-1.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 59
My new 1 week old toad!    :)

I'm not wanting to get another front bumper (for now), so I've ordered the Currie Baseplate (for my existing Blue Ox Tow Bar), and the Cooltech harness wiring setup, and will install these soon. 

2012 Rubicon
5-speed Automatic
Trailer Tow Package
Heated mirrors
Power windows/locks
4.10 Rear axle
Auto temp Air conditioning
Body Color 3- piece Freedom Hard Top
430N Media center, GPS/Sirius/40gb hard drive
Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth
Leather Heated Seats
368 watt Infinity with 7 speakers