Let's see pictures of your 4x4!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the Dalton Hwy, AK.  :)

Attachments

• 100_1544a.jpg
    100_1544a.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 86
Great to see a few more pictures!!  Nice rides everybody (gotta' love the older Cherokees!)  Mark - you need some pinstripes on the new Rubicon - that's what the off-road crowd calls scratches.

...you need some pinstripes on the new Rubicon - that's what the off-road crowd calls scratches.

LOL John. There's a narrow wash at QZ, en route from the RV Forum rally site to the RV show; It's usually dry that time of year, so it's just soft dirt. The overhanging brush on both sides is known as a "brushless car wash". Don't ask me how I know.

Just a bit larger than the other fun 4X4's.... However what we have!

Attachments

• 4x4.JPG
    4x4.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 73
Yea John, the 400hp / 800 torque does not get that kind of workout very often!

Well, this is our "4x4" - it may not have 4WD but it sure can go a lot of places, just ask the group that did the Ridge Run in Quartzsite :)

Wendy

Attachments

• 100_0296 (Small).JPG
    100_0296 (Small).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 76
Marc L said:
It's really small Wendy, so small that the file is 0 bytes.  Might need to re-attach it.

I know. Took me several tries before I could get it to attach.

Wendy said:
Well, this is our "4x4" - it may not have 4WD but it sure can go a lot of places, just ask the group that did the Ridge Run in Quartzsite :)

Wendy

That bug amazed me at QZ....especially going up the long hill.

And  this is a photo of Terry spotting ( that's 4x4 talk for directing) Mike driving Miss Sunshine up one of the Ridge Run challenges.  Wendy was also shouting directions but that is a whole 'nuther thread.

Attachments

• IMG_4772.JPG
    IMG_4772.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 96
This bug has nice ground clearance, that combined with a RWD with the weight of the engine makes it very agile.

I remember doing trails as a kid in the backseat of my uncle's bug.

What Wendy was shouting can't be posted here :)  Too bad there aren't any pictures of Miss Sunshine on 2 wheels before Terry and Mike decided the driver's side route was the better route. One of the reasons not to go alone 4-wheeling is so you have a trained spotter along. Thanks to Terry for spotting and to Betty for taking a picture, because I was completely unable to take pics :)

Wendy

Some pic's of our 2011 Silver Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JKU having fun.
Yes, John, the 4-doors are becoming more popular for wheelin' and groceries.

Attachments

• Ridgeline Rd Flor.-Junct., AZ 2012 (Photo by Barb).JPG
    Ridgeline Rd Flor.-Junct., AZ 2012 (Photo by Barb).JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Flat Iron Mesa -Easter Egg Moab,UT 2012 (Photo Courtesy of Brewers').JPG
    Flat Iron Mesa -Easter Egg Moab,UT 2012 (Photo Courtesy of Brewers').JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Steel Bender Moab,UT 2012 (Photo Courtesy of B.Brewer).JPG
    Steel Bender Moab,UT 2012 (Photo Courtesy of B.Brewer).JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 75
I don't think I'll second the dually on Fins and things. You can high center a 2 dr. Rubicon on some of the ledges (don't ask how I know) and that long wheelbase would almost guarantee big problems.

Ernie

Betty:  I'll bet that the shot of Miss Sunshine was taken on the trip to the Ridge.  I believe that was the area where Jim Dick lost his 4 wheel drive several years ago.

John Canfield said:
Nice Frank!  That pix of Steel Bender looks familiar, is that the other line on the waterfall?
Good catch, John!
Here's a pic of the other line on the waterfall, not the preferred one this day.

Attachments

• 2012 Steel Bender -waterFALL!!!.JPG
    2012 Steel Bender -waterFALL!!!.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom