Wheeling events and/or plans - East of the Mississippi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Let's use this sticky for any announcements of planned 4x4 events East of the Mississippi -OR- if you are going to be East of the Mississippi and want to hook up with somebody to run trails.

We plan to be in the Louisville (Kentucky Horse Farm) area for about three weeks in August. We're up for a trip to the boonies.
Ernie

we are looking for places to ride 4 wheelers in NC that allow camping, any suggestions are welcome.

Recently went to West VA. to the Hatfield and McCoy trails. If you like riding in an organized family friendly environment this is the place. Trails for all skills and absolutely a fabulous trail system covering 1,000 plus miles to ride. We rode the Pocahontas, Indian Ridge and the Pinnacle trails and we had a blast. Never saw drunken carless riders as alcohol if forbidden, although people do drink if caught it will result in a fine so it discourages open drinking. The towns that surround these trails welcome riders as a source of revenue and make the experience great. You can drive into the towns on your ATVs and stop and get gas and food in several places. The night light is somewhat depressing but after a day on the trail we found that we were exhausted and could not stay out even if there was opportunity. We have booked our next trip in a few weeks to take the grandkids and our daughter and her Hubby, I am sure we have several more join the group and it will be a weekend to remember.

Attachments

• atv2.jpg
    atv2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 6
Being in Toledo doesn't offer much in the way of immediate off-roading, ironic that this is the home of Jeep.
I can travel just 60 miles to satisfy my off road jones to a neat family run park. https://www.bundyhilloffroad.com/.
After many years of riding dirt bikes, and atv's in Michigan I am now into the 4x4 world with the mighty Samurai.

Dirt Toad, and Road Toad.

Attachments

• Sammi 001.jpg
    Sammi 001.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Tintop 002.jpg
    Tintop 002.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 4
John Canfield said:
Time to get busy and make one of the Zuk's into a buggy like this one.

Oh - now that should be easy enough to do, all that's needed is a new radiator cap to park a Jeep under!!! LOL.

We're getting there though. Installed better tires and just recently a new winch, but now I need to find out why my fronts aren't pulling. Seems either bad hubs or an axle.
Always something to do.

Corky

Back
Top Bottom