Wheeling events and/or plans - West of the Mississippi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
And this sticky for any announcements of planned 4x4 events West of the Mississippi -OR- if you are going to be West of the Mississippi and want to hook up with somebody to run trails.

We will be at Centennial RV Park (10 miles south of Montrose, CO) for the last week of July and all of August if anybody wants to wheel in the San Juans or the surrounding area with us.  We are members of the Western Slope 4-Wheelers and the club usually has a run two or three times a week.

BTW, Black Bear pass just opened up June 15th.  All trails in Ouray Country are open.  Imogene Pass must be open since the club has a run scheduled.

Imogene Pass - that's a tough one !

If you find yourselves on the south side of the San Juans, give us a shout.

Maybe we should look at the San Juans for an RV Forum Rally ?

Wendy

Will do Wendy!

A forum rally in the area would be a bunch of fun, even if you aren't into off-roading.  If anybody wants to try 4-wheeling, there are plenty of rental Jeeps (and side-by-sides) available.

Mile High Jeep Club and the All 4 Fun event end of July into the first of August. Awesome time and great fun for all ages.

hes4all said:
Mile High Jeep Club and the All 4 Fun event end of July into the first of August. Awesome time and great fun for all ages.

Where are  these areas /clubs /events located?

Thank you for the link John.  Gee now I really  like this new  4x4 board.  I am learning things everyday!  Aa4F sure looks like a good time.  Hummmmm  maybe when  it is my turn to plan what we do, next year?

John Canfield said:
A4F is one heck of a deal.  Wednesdays are vendor days, no trails are run and everybody gets a chance to spend more money  :D.
I still do a run on vendor day. This last year in Salida we did Carnage.

Attachments

• 2011 040.jpg
    2011 040.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 24
Betty Brewer said:
Thank you for the link John.  Gee now I really  like this new  4x4 board.  I am learning things everyday!  Aa4F sure looks like a good time.  Hummmmm  maybe when  it is my turn to plan what we do, next year?

Just to add a little to what John said. The All 4 Fun event is used to raise money for the children's hospital in Denver. The Mile High Jeep club runs the event and does a great job, and they should because they have been doing it for 45 years plus. I really like it because they cater to kids too. They offer care for the kids during the day if you don't want to take them. They play games, do scavenger hunts and other things. They also offer a wide range of run from very easy to extreme for the most part. This years event in Empire will have only one run that is very challenging in my opinion. And to be honest, any Jeep can do it with the right driver. Plus there are only (may I say) 300 Jeeps so it is not as crowded as other events. This event is more than just beatting up your Jeep. It is about family and kids in the hospital. This will be the first time that my grandkids comes, and I can't wait!

I'm in Oregon and have an '87 Bronco 2. Off roading here is good at Browns Camp in the Tillamook forest and Sand Lake. Florence is great for sand and many many other places to have fun here. If your going to be in Oregon with your off road rig let me know.

We are headed out this Thursday for the 23rd annual Chile Challenge held near Las Cruces, NM on February 20-23, 2013.  This will be our third year, in fact the 2011 Chile Challenge was the very first time we wheeled our Rubicon.  Holy cow did we discover a lot of upgrades we needed (not to mention a few upgrades I needed in skill level  ;).)

There are easy, moderate, hard and extreme-crazy trails to choose from.  We're doing three hard trails and ending up with a moderate trail to unwind:

Wed - Cayenne Crawler
Thurs - Off Broadway
Fri - Broad Canyon
Sat - Dona Ana

We're leaving June 18 for Montrose, Colorado and we'll be there about six weeks running around the San Juan mountains with the Western Slope 4-wheelers, then we're signed up for the All-4-Fun, July 28 held in Leadville, CO this year.

You are welcome to wheel with us in the San Juan mountains or at the A4F.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skidsteerpilot
Back
Top Bottom