RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron from Big D said:
?..How do you all feel about my doing a slide show presentation one night, complete with sound?  I have a show that I put together recently showing a wide variety of images in my portfolio.  This show is 15.5 minutes ...
Please respond one way or the other...
R.E. (Ron) Marabito
Count me in.

Jan,

If you come up through Monument Valley, I recommend you decide your stops and get reservations. We were down at Goulding's in Monument Valley yesterday, and it looked full, the park we are in at Bluff has had a lot of traffic, and we will spend next week in Blanding, who also advised us reservations are important. If you like to boondock, well, you're good...it's not like there is not a lot of open space... 8)

We are seeing a lot of RV traffic because the weather has been pretty decent, notwithstanding the winds.

Looking forward to meeting you in Moab.

Kim

Ron.

Janette and I would love to see you slide show. We really enjoyed the one you did at Sunset Point RV Park at the Texas wildflower rally.

Chip

They also have Navajo-led tours which are how you get off the main track.

I'd strongly recommend the Navajo tours. They do the driving (in 4WD truck/busses), and there are some rough areas to get through (and a couple of exciting spots), and you get to see a lot on the tour that is not accessible to you driving on your own. The tour we took was a whole morning, and was very well done -- the driver/guide also sang some Navajo songs for us, as well as giving some information on their life style and other things. All this was in addition to the usual guide stuff. Worth it, to say the least.

Ron:
  The DW and I would love to see the show.  We won't be there Sunday night, so try not to plan it for the first night if possible.  We are arriving Monday.  Look forward to meeting you and seeing the show.

Steve

Ron --

Count Mary Ann and me in!

Looking for ward to seeing your work --- and more importantly, Shirley and you!

Don 

Count Margaret and Henry in! Betty will pick up our admission. Looking forward to meeting everyone on our first trip to Moab. We came through Moab on our way home from Yellowstone 2 years ago and everything was booked. So I stopped and found one geocache under a bridge then was on my way to Durango. Looked like a nice place to spend some time. See everyone next week.

ArdraF said:

On the Arizona side, route 93 from Wickieup to Wickenburg is called the Joshua Tree Parkway and it's a scenic route.

Ardra,

I don't think Jan wants to go that far south. Once he takes 93 to Kingman he'll get on I-40 east to Williams then north to the GC.

skyking4ar2 said:
Jan,

If you come up through Monument Valley, I recommend you decide your stops and get reservations. We were down at Goulding's in Monument Valley yesterday, and it looked full, the park we are in at Bluff has had a lot of traffic, and we will spend next week in Blanding, who also advised us reservations are important. If you like to boondock, well, you're good...it's not like there is not a lot of open space... 8)

We are seeing a lot of RV traffic because the weather has been pretty decent, notwithstanding the winds.

Looking forward to meeting you in Moab.

Kim

Thanks for the info. I am planning to stay in campground 10 X.  They don't have any hook-ups, but it is quiet and nice nature walks. One night with out facilities is no trouble for us.

I don't think that I will have any more time than to see Grand Canyon. Navajo tour have to wait for next trip.
Thanks for the idea.

Does this mean that our record will be shattered? At the 2005 RV Forum Moab rally 22 people sat in our coach to watch Terry and Betty present a DVD of their Copper Canyon trip. The event was recorded in a Kodak moment here.

I'm eagerly awaiting the photo of 25+ people in Ron's Bluebird. (Did Ron add slideouts to accomodate all those people?)

Tom:  We will not show the show in the coach.  It will be up at the pavillion or next to my coach.  I have a portable screen and projector.  Why not come see us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom