RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, it's best if we don't use 4 letter expletives on The Forum. Please refrain from referring to "work" in the future and make up some other excuse. Also, please remind me, when I see you next, to tell you a story about Asians and tour busses.

AZ Randy1 said:
Jim, it's best if we don't use 4 letter expletives on The Forum. Please refrain from referring to "work" in the future and make up some other excuse. Also, please remind me, when I see you next, to tell you a story about Asians and tour busses.

He should have gotten fancy, Randy, and said employment, thus avoiding that 4-letter word.  ::) ;D

Euphemisms...

Larry, I called yesterday to confirm and ask if any opening prior to Sun. Jane said nothing open as of yesterday but to check back. I am heading to Cortez tomorrow. I would like to get there a few days early.

DakotaRed said:
I am impatiently waiting for everyone to show up.  8) 
We are in the campground currently spot RV-3, and moving to Resort R-56 on Sunday. Anyone else getting here early?
++Larry

As much as I hate to offend, I will have to use that 4-letter word.  Chrystal and I have to "work" until Friday so we won't be in early.  We will be arriving Sunday sometime.  Site R54.

Mike.

Larry,

We stole a spot early last week and will be there Saturday. Keep your britches on! We're just 70 miles away and working our way in...

Hopefully you have taste tested any new restaurants since we were there last year and we can be amazed and amused. Some of the four wheeler people should already be there for the FMCA rally.

Kim

The Brewers, Frank & Barb, Ernie &Tara, John & Jane and a couple of others are here and gathering at Frank & Barbs at 3:30 today (weather permitting) if people are back.
Currently a test of the theory that "wet slickrock isn't slippery"is under way. It's Tim Pollock's theory; there are doubters ;D ;D

Ernie

Ron from Big D said:
Randy:  We do plan to play golf.  If there are others that play. we should have a great time.

Not only that I am bad golfer, but My golf clubs are in Australia. But I love the game.

Jan Stiskala said:
Not only that I am bad golfer, but My golf clubs are in Australia. But I love the game.
Sorry, I missed it.  I just read your entry.  I've been working (4 letter -yeah, yeah) and just got around to reading the forum.  Also it's raining out! Let me know the next time anyone is getting together or stop by campground spot 3 and say hello.
++Larry

Well duh, we've been parked right beside  Larry and Cathy for  3 days and  only just made the connection! Glad they are here and yes rain does impair social hours.

Larry,

>>Also it's raining out!<<

Larry you need to take care of this and get rid of the rain before we arrive on Saturday! Left Phoenix today to start working our way to Moab. Today is also the beginning of our 6+ month vacation (vacation in this case is defined as not going to the office).

ken

Kim,

We will be in Blanding Friday afternoon and leave for Moab Saturday morning. We often stop for a night at Blanding going into Moab.

ken

Wish I was there with you guys!  Unfortunately, my 4 wheeling is being done in the Santa Monica Mountains, through the remains of the Summit fire near Camarillo.  It burned through one of our transmission sites, but fortunately the site itself was not damaged.  CDF did a great job plowing a firebreak around the tower and building and then making a stand to defend the facility - but there's nothing but desolation as far as you can see into the mountains.  Power and phone service are down for at least a couple of weeks while power lines are restrung, which means refilling the generator's fuel tank on a regular basis.

I passed by the Borchard Rd. park-and-ride along Hwy 101 in Thousand Oaks, just north of the fire, and saw it was full of RVs with their slides out.  Then it dawned on me - it was housing for some of the fire evacuees.

Have fun, y'all!

We might just show up at the Blue Mountain in a couple of days, first we will be meeting Mike and Wendy in Cortez. Will be in Cortez tomorrow  Thanks for the info. Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom