RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy,

I almost put that in quotes as other four letter words like snow, rain, etc. ;D ;D Looking forward to your arrival at Yellowstone.  :)

Hovenweep is one of the best kept secret National Monuments, it is just west of Mesa Verde.  In total, it has several ruin sites, with lots of ancient settlements.  We came across it last year on our way to Moab when we stopped at Mesa Verde and spent a few days exploring the many sites.  Here are a couple of PICS out of many taken while there.

Ed

Attachments

• Hovenweep 2.jpg
    Hovenweep 2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Hovenweep Castle.jpg
    Hovenweep Castle.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 29
Hfx_Cdn said:
    Hovenweep is one of the best kept secret National Monuments, it is just west of Mesa Verde.  In total, it has several ruin sites, with lots of ancient settlements.  We came across it last year on our way to Moab when we stopped at Mesa Verde and spent a few days exploring the many sites.  Here are a couple of PICS out of many taken while there.

Ed

Don't Tell, keep it a secret !! Hovenweep is also where Mike and I lived and worked for 6 years. The roads were dirt back then and it was really a hidden gem. Surprisingly, even though they've paved the roads in, it still remains one of the least visited National Monuments. And it has a nice little campground, no hookups, not big rig friendly, but spectacular scenery and quiet nights, except when the coyotes get to yipping.

Wendy
Cortez

Ron

I went to Costco today and stocked up on popcorn so we are all set in that department for movie time!  Let the fun begin.  We arrive Saturday and I am getting anxious to get going.

Sheila

All,
    We just received notice that Linda will need a new crown NOW.  It will delay us enough, one week, that I have cancelled our reservation at Portal.  We will miss Moab again.    And for a dentist no less.  But we will still be able to make Alaska.  Our projected departure date is the 17th. 

Dean & Linda

We are slowly moving forward to Moab. At the moment in Grant Canyon. Absolutely stunning experience. we have about 20 km walk today and my old body is in pain. We are staying in 10 x campground now and enjoy beautiful and peaceful setting here. I will build small fire soon and have BBQ dinner. Tomorrow we slowly pack and start to drive again. Planning to do only about 200 km a day maximum.
We will see you soon.
Jan and Olga

Jan- 

I knew you would enjoy the GC.  Glad you were able to find the forest service campground.  Makes having the smaller coach pay off.

Well, Dean, that's just not fair - but I've had the same thing happen on the first morning of a trip.  Decided we just weren't meant to do that trip at that time!  ::) We'll miss you and Linda at Moab and you can try for next year!

ArdraF

Hey Linda, If you're bailing out on Moab, does that mean you'll be at Quartzsite in January ?

BTW, I'd rather be having a new crown than wrist surgery.  Want to trade ?

Wendy

Somehow I end up at Lake Powell. Gee this is beautiful place. Looks like we will do Antelope Canyon Navajo Tour tomorrow. Nice resting place before drive to Moab.

Some pics from the last few days.

Attachments

• DSCN1760a.jpg
    DSCN1760a.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN1742a.jpg
    DSCN1742a.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_7109a.jpg
    DSC_7109a.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_7115a.jpg
    DSC_7115a.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN1690a.jpg
    DSCN1690a.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_7176a.jpg
    DSC_7176a.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN1704a.jpg
    DSCN1704a.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCN1722a.jpg
    DSCN1722a.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 41
Great pictures. No way I would be attempting that in my future. I am bit of chicken when comes to extreme 4 wheel driving. ???

zmotorsports said:
Awesome pictures.  Where was the first one taken?  That is gorgeous.

Mike.
Thanks Mike.  It is on Fins & Things from right above the arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom