RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim your winter is Australian summer. I love summers in Australia. All is flowering and people go lazy. No way I will miss this.
But I am sure that we will bump to each other one day.

Jan,

Wish we could make the trip to Australia. Never got the chance when I was in the Navy. Our son has been there several times recently and I expect he will make a few more trips before his current assignment is over.

We finally got everything organized in my new computer (whew!) and now I can begin catching up with a few things, one of which is the list of people attending next year's Moab rally.  Here's who I have to date.  I don't think there are any site number conflicts but you should check with Portal if you think your site number is wrong. 

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013 ATTENDEES BY SITE NUMBER

Site 4 - Brewer (Betty & Terry)
Site 5 - Weimert (Barb & Frank)
Site 8 - Sharp (Linda & Richard)
Site 17 - Ferguson (Coleen & Gary aka Taoshum)

M-13 - FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry)
M-14 - Borowski (Janette aka Bunky & Chip aka Falconhunter)
M-15 - Kuch (Sheila & Ken)
M-16 - Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2)
M-18 - Lawrence (Wendy aka WendyCoke & Mike aka MikeCoke & Gordon)

M-31 - White (Tara & Ernie)
M-32 - Sherow (Debby & Randy)
M-33 - Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don aka Gmsboss1)
M-34 - Falchini (Dee & Steve aka Steve N Dee)

R-32 ? Stiskala (Olga & Jan)
R-45 - Weston (Diane & Marty aka SargeW)
R-52 ? Thompson (Cathy & Jerry aka jerrydt)
R-53 - Roscoe (Corinne & Bill aka Photog)
R-54 - Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared)

This is for everybody but specifically for those going to the Moab rally next May, 2013.

If you have a Garmin or Tom Tom GPS the Garmin ?Point of Interest POIs? have GPS routes already done for 22 different 4WD trails at Moab.  Just go to Garmin and learn how to use and copy the POIs you want to put in your GPS.  As you will see there are "many many" more POIs such as all Flying J locations and so forth. 

BTW, Garmin GPS's can use both the CSV and GPX formats.  To give you some idea if the many POIs the attached photo shows the POIs that I downloaded into our Garmin NUVI 5000 GPS.

JerryF

Attachments

• Garmin POIs (Large).jpg
    Garmin POIs (Large).jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 30
JerArdra said:
This is for everybody but specifically for those going to the Moab rally next May, 2013.

If you have a Garmin or Tom Tom GPS the Garmin ?Point of Interest POIs? have GPS routes already done for 22 different 4WD trails at Moab.  Just go to Garmin and learn how to use and copy the POIs you want to put in your GPS.  As you will see there are "many many" more POIs such as all Flying J locations and so forth. 

BTW, Garmin GPS's can use both the CSV and GPX formats.  To give you some idea if the many POIs the attached photo shows the POIs that I downloaded into our Garmin NUVI 5000 GPS.

JerryF

Hi Jerry,

along these lines, for those with an Android phone, there is an app  "dualsportmaps" and an associated website www.dualsportmaps.com that can provide GPS information, maps, local tracks and a ton of other stuff that is helpful to off-hiway 4WD enthusiasts.

take a look... it's kinda complex even though there are several videos for "training".

Hello everyone, I made reservations for Moab today. I have my confirmation and Margaret and I will be arriving on the 12th and staying until the 19th. We are in the process of buying a new rig and hoping to have it before the Quarzite Rally. We went last year to our first rally in Quartzite and was one of the first to get there and one of the last to leave. I just couldn't stand it last year seeing all the pictures of the jeep runs and everyone having a ball in Moab so we will be joining you guys this May.                    Margaret & Henry  SiteR48

Henry,

As they say, "you're gonna love it!"  I'll add you and Margaret to the list and we look forward to seeing you and your new RV at both Quartsite and Moab.

ArdraF

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013 ATTENDEES BY NAME

Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borowski (Janette aka Bunky & Chip aka Falconhunter, site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Falchini (Dee & Steve aka Steve N Dee), site M-34
Ferguson (Coleen & Gary aka Taoshum), site 17
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-15
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike & Gordon), site M-18
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-33
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill aka Photog), site R-53
Sharp (Linda & Richard), site 8
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site M-32
Stiskala (Olga & Jan), site R-32
Thompson (Cathy & Jerry aka jerrydt), site R-52
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 5
Weston (Diana & Marty aka SargeW), site R-45
White (Tara & Ernie), site M-31
Wishard (Margaret & Henry), site R-48
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site R-54

Hello Folks,
I just came across this forum, we're relatively new FMCA members.  We've been going to Moab every spring for a while with motorhome and Jeep TJ.  We'll be in Portal May 12 - 31 in the new section, and hope to meet many of you there.  Great fun for sure.

Dale & Patricia Pestes
FMCA 426506

You can add our friends, Kathy and Larry Belikoff, aka DakotaRed, to the list. After two years, we finally got them in the right part of the country at the right time to catch the rally.

If Larry does not post their lot, I will get it today. Their stay will span both the Jeep rally (they are FMCA) and the Forum rally.

We ran into Frank and Barb @ Portal RV over the weekend and had our own little mini-rally :).  As we were pulling into Portal Thursday afternoon I thought I recognized Frank and Barb's Tradewinds and commented to Chrystal.  We then literaly ran into them at Zax later that night.

We met up with Frank and Barb Friday morning and decided to do a couple of trail runs.  We had a great time.  Thanks guys, sorry for making you miss dinner.  We look forward to seeing you and everyone else in May.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
We met up with Frank and Barb Friday morning and decided to do a couple of trail runs.  We had a great time.  Thanks guys, sorry for making you miss dinner. 
Mike,

I think that comment  likely deserves an explanation.  Was spending the night in your rigs part of the day?

We're in! Clark, Kelly and Mary aka Skyking1
Space 39 in the campground.

Betty Brewer said:
Mike,

I think that comment  likely deserves an explanation.  Was spending the night in your rigs part of the day?

No nothing like that.  They had dinner plans with a group that they were there with and we got back to camp a little late after watching the sunset at Spring Bottom Point.  The view and company were great but we felt bad we made them miss their dinner plans.

Mike.

Dale - I took the liberty of adding you and Patricia to our RV Forum attendees list.  Do you know what site you'll be in?  I'll add that too.  We meet every afternoon about 4:00 for happy hour so please do bring your libations and join us.  You'll already know some of the people by the time the FMCA rally finishes and then you'll get to meet the rest of us!

Larry - I've also added you and Kathy to the attendees list.

ArdraF

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013 ATTENDEES BY NAME

Belikoff (Kathy & Larry aka DakotaRed), site 39
Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borowski (Janette aka Bunky & Chip aka Falconhunter, site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Falchini (Dee & Steve aka Steve N Dee), site M-34
Ferguson (Coleen & Gary aka Taoshum), site 17
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site M-13
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-15
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike & Gordon), site M-18
Nesbitt (Mary Ann & Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-33
Pestes (Patricia & Dale aka NJNDale), site ?
Roscoe (Corinne & Bill aka Photog), site R-53
Sharp (Linda & Richard), site 8
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site M-32
Stiskala (Olga & Jan), site R-32
Thompson (Cathy & Jerry aka jerrydt), site R-52
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 5
Weston (Diana & Marty aka SargeW), site R-45
White (Tara & Ernie), site M-31
Wishard (Margaret & Henry), site R-48
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site R-54

Ardra, thanks, that's great.  They have us currently in site M27, but there's a note that that is subject to possible change.  M27 unless we hear otherwise.  And thanks for the invite, Patricia is the queen of libations.  See you then.

Dale

Frank talked Mike into a recon mission. We were suppose to be back at 4:00 for a catered dinner from city market at 6:00. We arrived at 7:30. Although we missed dinner, and they didn't save us any, they put us in the drawing, and we won a pumpkin scented candle.

We had a riot that day. Great fun and friends. Beautiful sunset. It don't get better than that.

p.s. we didn't get lost, we just didn't know where we were

Yeh, what Barb said, we weren't lost we just didn't know exactly where we were for a couple of hours. :)

Mike.

skyking4ar2 said:
You can add our friends, Kathy and Larry Belikoff, aka DakotaRed, to the list. After two years, we finally got them in the right part of the country at the right time to catch the rally.

If Larry does not post their lot, I will get it today. Their stay will span both the Jeep rally (they are FMCA) and the Forum rally.

Great Larry and Kathy. See you there mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom