RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
skyking4ar2 said:
Jan,

You may have them confused with someone else since they are from New Jersey!  8)

Kim

Yes, I am sorry my mistake I did confused Kathy and Larry with different people. My apology, Now I really have to meet them in person. Apology again.

Jan Stiskala said:
Yes, I am sorry my mistake I did confused Kathy and Larry with different people. My apology, Now I really have to meet them in person. Apology again.
Apology not necessary, and we are the real Kathy and Larry.  ;D And I look forward to meeting you too.  :)
We currently do not have a site number assigned, because we plan on staying before and after the rally, and the Resort is trying to get us a spot in the resort where we don't have to move. If they gave me a spot assignment it may change by the time we get there anyway, so we might as well wait until closer to the event.  When we know what our actual spot will be, I will inform this list soon after.
cheers, Larry

Jerry& Cathy(akajerrydt) will have to cancel we are in site r52, called Portal and canceled also so that site is open now.

I was looking through photos today and found this one from Moab 2004.  There is only perhaps 5 coaches this year that attended back then.  Enjoy

Attachments

• Moab 017 (Medium).jpg
    Moab 017 (Medium).jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 50
Jan - That's absolutely true, the difference perhaps being it's less flat and more rugged terrain overall.  I recall the outback as being more flat for longer expanses.  As to the photo, this is one of our lunch breaks on a four-wheeling adventure.  We try to find a beautiful place and enjoy the solitude.  We all take our chairs and lunch bags.

Ron - We missed Moab 2004 because that's when Mother fell the night before we were to leave and I had to go back to PA.  The photo almost looks like it was taken at Hurrah Pass.  I sure see a lot of familiar faces including Sam/Donna Ruward.  It's a nice photo.

ArdraF

It would be interesting to compare. I am unfortunately travelling US with out pull. So no four wheal drive adventure for me. But there will be surely things to do and see. Maybe some organized tours.

Yes, Jan.  If you need a ride at any of our rallies just speak up.  People often join up with others, especially if they don't have a vehicle suitable for the drive of the day.

ArdraF

That is really great. We have just RV and usually able to travel only where our ACE RV can go. So when we are there and can get lift with some of you guys on day trips, that will be really appreciated.
Thanks for the reply.

Jan,

I'm sorry to say we will miss you again! We have to be back at work in Yellowstone by 15 April. We had planned on doing Moab but realized we couldn't. :(

Jan:  Perhaps this image from Arches National Park is closer in look to the Outback?

Attachments

• Moab_MG_5872-1 (Medium).jpg
    Moab_MG_5872-1 (Medium).jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 21
Wish I could be there since I am in Moab right now and usually stay at the Portal. If anyone has any questions about Moab and the surrounding area let me know, I will be happy to help.

Right now I am parked where I am doing some work at a local Tour Company in Moab - can't beat free!!

Sadly, I will be leaving Moab the middle of April and making the slow drive back up to Alaska to start work around May 1st!!

Have fun in one of my favorite places....

Jim

Ron from Big D said:
    Jim:  We will miss you and Pat.  I look forward to some Canyonlands Runs and good photography.
Well Jim I think that we have better chance to get together here in Australia. Have a nice winter holiday in sunny Australia. I was hoping to see you there in Moab. Bad luck mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom