RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 12-19, 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You Mike. I will talk to you about details in Moab hopefully if you spare some time to chat. Thanks for reply.

Jan, There is so much to see in Colorado. You could spend your life in Utah and Colorado and die happy.  Just a quick list for Colorado, I'll PM you more later, but Mesa Verde, Hovenweep, the Million Dollar HIghway (Durango-Cortez-Telluride-Ouray-Silverton), Rocky Mountain NP should be on everyone's To Do list. Take the train from Durango to Silverton if you have the time and money. The area around Steamboat Springs is beautiful. Garden of the Gods and the Air Force Academy Chapel at Colorado Springs. The drive to the top of Pikes Peak.

You'll have a wonderful time, no matter where you visit.

Wendy

Well, I have had the brakes completely rebuilt, new calipers, pads and discs, re-balanced the tires, front end aligned, oil change, new air filter, generator serviced and tomorrow I will run the sweeper to clean the old girl out.  I think we're ready for MOAB ! !  !  I have to wire the lights from the RV to the toad, but that's no big deal.  We have talked to Henry & Margaret and Joe & Yumi.  Henry & Margaret will be there and Joe & Yumi Ladner may show up for a visit.  We have not been anywhere in our RV in 5 months and we're stir crazy.  We're ready to hit the road.

May 12 will be my 63 Birthday.  We plan to bring a birthday cake for the first night.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Larry & Loretta

Bringing the Harley Davidson also to ride The Arches & Canyonlands.  It's a great way to see some magnificent scenery....

Jan Stiskala said:
Thank You Mike. I will talk to you about details in Moab hopefully if you spare some time to chat. Thanks for reply.

Absolutely.  Love to.

Mike.

We started our trip to Moab and Alaska yesterday. We spent the evening at Lake Arrowhead state park geocaching and heading to Caprock State park today for several nights. Then on to Palo Duro State Park around the weekend. Plan on having a "small steak" not the 72oz one in Amarillo before we hit the road to Santa Fe. After that on to Albuquerque to meet up with Larry and Loretta. See you guys in Moab. It's just great to be back on the road again.

Oh S##t!  :(Maybe :-\

Well, we've gotten the new MH registered and inspected, upgraded to a Class B liscense (26,000# +), now we've got to escape the clutches of the Medical profession (odds appear to be 50 50). Tara's diabetes control seems much improved. But, she's going back for a second picture tomorrow; likely no problem, but you never know. My cardiologist has taken to using terms like "in your condition" and insisted on another Nuclear Echo Stress Test; this could be more of a problem! We should know today!
Should any of this turn out to be a problem, we'll be releasing our spot for the rally plus a week before and after (Calculated to aggravate Doug even more ???).

More when we know more,

Ernie

I had hoped I could attend, but it is not possible. I too have an email from Portal stating that they need to resale my spot.

We'll be at Cadillac Ranch in Bluff starting this weekend, Blue Mountain in Blanding next weekend until Moab if anyone is wandering in from that corner of the world. It's been a long haul from Mississippi!

We could not get Zion and Bryce scheduled so we have to get a report from Chip and Bunky when they get to Moab. See ya'll soon!

Just a brief FYI - Anyone driving up Hwy 491 (formerly 666), will find the usual spring road work and crappy road conditions, lots of dips and bumps, from Shiprock to Monticello. Enjoy :)

Wendy said:
Jan, There is so much to see in Colorado. You could spend your life in Utah and Colorado and die happy.  Just a quick list for Colorado, I'll PM you more later, but Mesa Verde, Hovenweep, the Million Dollar HIghway (Durango-Cortez-Telluride-Ouray-Silverton), Rocky Mountain NP should be on everyone's To Do list. Take the train from Durango to Silverton if you have the time and money. The area around Steamboat Springs is beautiful. Garden of the Gods and the Air Force Academy Chapel at Colorado Springs. The drive to the top of Pikes Peak.

You'll have a wonderful time, no matter where you visit.

Wendy

Thanks Wendy. That gives me lot to research before I go. Thanks for info. Sorry for high jacking Moab topic guys.

skyking1 said:
I had hoped I could attend, but it is not possible. I too have an email from Portal stating that they need to resale my spot.

That is really sad. I was hoping so much to spend some time with you.  :'(

We have to cancel again for this year!  I'm really sad, but my DH has not retired yet and right now...work must come first!  Hope you all have a wonderful time and MAYBE...I'll see you next year!

Mikie

Sooon now. We are enjoying Las Vegas at the moment. Booked 3 show and our valet is much thinner. Hope that we can avoid all the gambling activity. It is less than 2 weeks now to this rally. We are looking forward to see you all.

Yep, less than two weeks away. ;D

Chrystal and I are looking forward to it.  Work has been hectic and I need a FREAKIN' vacation.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new friends.

Mike.

We pulled at right on schedule at noon today.  Life is good.  We will hit  Moab on May 4.  I almost dread reading any new post to this thread with so many who had to cancel.  I was looking forward to meeting new to me rvforum members!

Also looking forward to the rally (our first), and the much needed vacation.  Has anyone out there made the drive from Las Vegas to Moab?  Mapquest says it's 6.5 hours.  Is that a pretty realistic expectation?  Since we can not get to Moab until Monday, I want to make sure we are there in time for happy hour!  :p  Wondering what time we will need to be on the road from Vegas?

Steve

Steve,

I show that as 463 miles. At an average of 60mph, that's 7.7 hrs. 60 assume driving 65 on the interstate outside of the city. Also you'll probably what to fuel. Drive faster and its obviously less time.
Google maps also shows about 6.5 hrs, so i assume there are 70 and 75mph speed limits. I just don't drive that fast and I usually stop ever 4 hrs for 15mins or so. For me its probably 8.5hrs or so with fuel stop.

Thanks, Ken.  I thought the time looked to short. I did a similar calculation in my head.  I'm certainly not going to be driving 75 MPH pulling a toad.  I hope to get on the road by 7am Monday and make it there by 3:30pm.  I think I read somewhere that happy hour is at 4pm?  Looking forward to meeting everyone for the first time and will have already missed Sunday  :(

Steve

Mikie & Jim - I'm sorry you won't be able to make it to Moab, but we do understand that the four-letter word beginning with W has to take precedence. 

Steve - It's do-able but too long for one day.  We usually stop overnight in Richfield UT - up I-15 to I-70 turnoff and over a mountain range to Richfield, east on I-70, turn south near Green River to Moab (60 miles).  Make sure you fuel up in Richfield and carry plenty of water.  The Richfield to Green River section is 100 miles with NO services!  You really don't want to be stranded anywhere along there.  There are nice rest areas however and most have interpretive signs so you learn about the San Rafael Swell over which you're traversing.  It's a really neat area.

ArdraF

Just be sure to watch RVForum updates as it is likely that there will be a summary of events posted following our first meet and greet happy hour.  Drive safely.  We will welcome you whenever you arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom