2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park ? 6th Annual

Catalina State Park is in the Oro Valley just North of Tucson.

Most folks arrive a day or two after Christmas and leave January 1st or 2nd but some will be there before Christmas and some will stay later. As usual this is a casual rally with most activities planned by the group at happy hour. We usually have a few meals out and a few ?field trips?. Happy hour will be every day weather permitting.

We are in site B33 which will be the site of the happy hour. This is on the south side of the Campground B. All sites have 50amp power and water. There two dump stations: one just after the Check-In Booth and the second is in campground B.

Reservations at: http://azstateparks.com/Parks/CATA/index.html or by phone (520) 586-2283.
Cost of the park is $25.00 per night W/E (50amp).
There is a $5.00 non-refundable reservation fee.

Catalina State Park sits at the base of the Catalina Mountains. The park has nearly 5,000 saguaros as well as many other desert plants. You can hike into the mountains. There is a relatively easy hike that has become a tradition for New Years Day. You can also take a beautiful hike up to the Romero Pools ? but I do mean UP. The park is also home to many varieties of birds.

Just outside the entrance to the park is a new shopping center with many store and several restaurants ? including Olive garden and Red Lobster. The is more shopping just a few miles south on Oracle Rd.

But inside the park at the campground you are unaware of the outside world ? it is nearby, but far enough away to allow for a peaceful setting with beautiful mountain views.

If you make reservations please post them here in this topic so I can keep a list. 

Ken

Jim:

It will be great seeing you and Pat again. We're looking forward to New Years.

It will be great to see all of the framily as except for Bill, Jim, Don, their wives and a few others we met last summer it has been a dry spell for us.  I'm optomistic that all will be well and both of us will be healthy to spend the winter down south.  Winter 09/10 was the last trip south, too long!!

The Brewers are registered in site  B 35 arriving 12/27 departing Jan 3 (7 nights)

IIRC we are in B-22 from the 29th to the 3rd, maybe the 2nd.

Ken,

Sorry, I thought I had in the first message but see that I didn't.  ;D We arrive on 26 December and leave 3 January.

Ray and I are registered in B-32, same as last year.  We will arrive 12/27 and depart 1/4.

I guess its time to start a list. I think there are a few others who have reservations, but I don't have the info.

Rally Attendee List
B20 ? Jim& Pat D 12/26-1/3
B22 ? Jeff&Sue 12/29-1/3
B23 ? Jim&Pat G 12/22-1/5
B32 ? Ray&Liza 12/27-1/4
B33 ? Ken&Sheila 12/23-1/2
B35 ? Terry&Betty 12/27-1/3

ken

If we decide to "winter over" in AZ...(after the rally) , any recommendations for RV parks with monthly rates to carry us over until let's say May 1st.....

thanks,
Bill Althoff
Denver, CO

Do you have any specific part of AZ in mind?  Nearly all of the hundreds of RV parks in AZ have monthly rates.

Ken and Sheila:

Fred and I are registered for site B34
Dec 24 - Jan 2, but may extend that date. 
This is made with good intentions, the good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise.
Life is good right this minute.... ;)

Daisy

Bill and Mary  B-28 --- 28 Dec - 4 Jan

Providing we get a weather window to get out of Denver....  :)

thanks,

We're new to the RV game....Spending the next month in Ogden Utah to work the kinks out.....

You "left" coasters have all the fun.  :(    I'll be stuck in Florida  :'( I'm sure you all feel sorry for me.

Steve

Bill & Mary, glad you can join the group

Fred & Daisy, good to see you're coming back again

Updated List:
B20 ? Jim & Pat D 12/26-1/3
B22 ? Jeff & Sue 12/29-1/3
B23 ? Jim & Pat G 12/22-1/5
B28 ? Bill & Mary 12/28-1/4
B32 ? Ray & Liza 12/27-1/4
B33 ? Ken & Sheila 12/23-1/2
B34 ? Fred & Daisy 12/24-1/2
B35 ? Terry & Betty 12/27-1/3