EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ  (Read 49937 times)

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
Re: 2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ
« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »
Thanks to Russ and Jeff&Sue for being our New Years Eve Party hosts in their coaches.

I think all had a good time.

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #151 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:11 AM »
Happy 2013 from RVForum Framily at Catalina State Park in Tucson Arizona.  Temp 32 degrees at 11:39 pm.  The group here celebrated  a New York time for New Years  because we are old and  "can't" stay up late or some such story.   Two  coaches were designated as Party rigs...  Russ Mahoney and Jeff and Sue's "New" to them,  Coach.  Thank you so much to our hosts who seemed to have provided  beverages as the rest of us brought cheese, meatballs, veggies and  all too much to eat considering we had all just been to  lunch.  There seemed to be a  moratorium on Weight Watcher Points  for the evening! 

Here is my attempt at photos following  my evening of Champagne! If they don't turn out...wait till morning and I'll have it figured out.  I did honor Randy's request to have nail art as part of the evening  as a tradition established last year.  May not happen again as there were few takers tonight.  But Russ was  a recipient of  my art work..Take note.....
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #152 on: January 01, 2013, 12:51:20 AM »
More 2013 Celebration.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:14:51 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2013, 12:54:58 AM »
For those RVForum Framily who were not present.... Please know  that we toasted a Happy New Year to you.  Fred and Daisy are you listening?

Lou, Jim and Pat G?  Others who cancelled?  Happy New Year!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
We did see the ball drop even if it was on a little 37" screen. In fact we watched it thee or four times to make sure it was down.

Here are a few photos that show it got noisier as the night went on. :D

Happy New Year all!

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2013, 11:14:16 AM »
... a little 37" screen.
My how times change. Ten years ago a 37" screen was considered a monster.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2013, 12:39:02 PM »
For those RVForum Framily who were not present.... Please know  that we toasted a Happy New Year to you.  Fred and Daisy are you listening?

Lou, Jim and Pat G?  Others who cancelled?  Happy New Year!

Thanks for the thoughts.  A quiet time was had in the Godward house in cold MT!!

Looks like it was quite a party.

Happy New Year to all.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Daisy

• ---
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »
Thanks for remembering us on this special occasion.  You can't know how much we missed being with all of you.  I think it was our first miss since 2000 when we all met on the desert and had such a wonderful time, albeit a cold one.  The beginning of this great tradition.  Remembering that first one I began thinking of those who were there and are no longer with us.   We've certainly had a good run!

Happy New Years each and everyone!

Daisy
Daisy.  Location:  Sometimes here, Sometimes there.  All depends on the mood of the moment!

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2013, 01:22:41 PM »
My how times change. Ten years ago a 37" screen was considered a monster.

Tom I am parked between Randy and Ray who have 46" LED monsters. We are waiting for someone to show up with a 55" next.

Bob Maxwell

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smile, and the world smiles with you . . .
    • The American Southwest
« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2013, 01:44:35 PM »
Lou, you will never be sorry for the choices you make.  Yes we promise to hoist one (or two) with your  name on it, as well as all the other Framily who could not  make Tucson this New Year. Just tell yourself how cold it is here!

I've been reading all the posts and remembering being with all y'all at  that wonderful state park. Last Fri was "Do Over Day" as the one new wire in my ICD pacer-defib unit stopped working; so, they replaced it that morning.

żMaybe mext year Catalina willl be my "Do Over Rally"? ::)

Adiós. . .

Bob †
and wife Betty Font 

. . . still ridin' for the brand.

1994 Suncruiser 34RQ, Cummins 5.9L/230 Allison 3060
'08 Kia Spectra5,
FMCA SKP

Holbrook AZ, west of the Petrified Forrest NP on I-40

AZ Randy1

• ---
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »
Jeff, I'm sure that you meant to say that you were parked between Debby and Liza who have the 46 inch LEDs. Speaking for us, I can tell you that the only reason that we have ours is because Debby wanted it!

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
New Years Day 2013 Happy Hour was set for  3:00 today.  It was a cool crisp and sunny day just perfect for  welcoming in our New Year's Resolutions.  A surprise cake  presented to Jerry and Ardra to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary.  But since  none of us were invited to their wedding vow renewal in Reno on  Dec 1st, we decided to  make a celebration of our own even if it was  31 days later!  I think you can see they were truly surprised.  Jerry fed Ardra cake and then Ardra served the entire RVForum  pieces of cake.  Surprisingly several declined the cake  keeping true to  the New Year's resolution!

Group shots show the beauty of the day.  Tomorrow several are off for repairs, some are staying for a hike at 11:30 and many plan to meet up again for the FMCA Western Rally in Indio, CA.  What a  true FRAMILY!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2013, 07:47:22 PM »
A few more pictures from today.
Ken & Sheila

Tourmaster

• ---
« Reply #163 on: January 01, 2013, 07:58:46 PM »
In Betty's photos a few posts back it looks like Jeff swallowed the local cat.

Wish we could have been there.
John & Carol
2009 Winnebago Tour 40 TD

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2013, 08:12:34 PM »
In Betty's photos a few posts back it looks like Jeff swallowed the local cat.

Sorry Jeff for that awful photo.  I have now edited it out of the celebration.  Jeff had not done anything to deserve such a bad shot.....  If  he  had I  would have included it.  So watch out if I have a camera in hand!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:16:46 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Tourmaster

• ---
« Reply #165 on: January 01, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAH you should have left the photo.
John & Carol
2009 Winnebago Tour 40 TD

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #166 on: January 01, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »
Is Barb playing Angry Birds ? <g>

Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

PancakeBill

• ---
  • Bill & Jolene/USA 97 Southwind 35P
    • WorKamping in Yellowstone
« Reply #167 on: January 01, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »
Well, Happy New Year to all!  We celebrated the New Year on Atlantic Std time, 9PM here.  Missed Catalina yet again, but we were there in spirit, we really had a great time the one time we were able to attend.  Been back to the park several times since. 

Here at Old Faithful the temps were only about 16, but overcast so no midnight eruption photos. 

My resolution is to keep on doing what I love. 
Bill & Jolene W & Koda

Old Faithful, Yellowstone Association Bookstore
1997 Southwind 35P
Toads: 1997 Honda Accord & 1986 Westfalia
FMCA F-401354
1995 OMI Dobro F-60
WA1RI

Barb

• ---
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2013, 07:50:08 AM »
No I was crocheting.
Barb
2003 NRV Tradewinds LTC
2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited

VallAndMo

• ---
  • Vall and Mo, a married couple getting ready for FT
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »
Hello Folks,

We have just come back to civilization (and, more importantly, cell phone coverage area  :) ), so please forgive us for the long absence from the forum and also for not having replied to your emails yet (the gmail client just beeped and we saw there's a few there). After leaving the Catalinas we have been to Titan Missile Museum, Sonoran Desert Museum, Kitt Peak, Organ Pipes and are now on our way North for the last part of our trip.

We want to say that all and each one of you are fantastic persons, and we have never felt so cherished and welcome in a group as we had in our meetings at the Catalina SP.

We really look forward to meeting everyone again in as short a time as we can manage!

As soon as we can manage we will come back and post some more (and reply to the emails).

Cheers, and a happy 2013 to each and everyone!
--
   Vall & Mo.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2013, 10:51:42 AM »
It's beginning to be lonely around here.  Several hit the road this morning.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Ken and Sheila for once again providing the  organization to this rally.  After all, someone sets the dates, someone makes the Mexican restaurant reservations (and confirms them) someone gives us the movie schedule, someone sets the times for  Happy Hours, someone organizes the  New Years eve places and times, someone makes lunch reservations for 20, someone organizes a 50th anniversary party.  Someone takes very good care of us.  Rallies don't just happen, SOMEONE does  lots of little details constantly to make our good times.

Thank you  Ken and my  Girlfriend Sheila!!!!!!!!!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2013, 11:44:12 AM »
Jerry and I were both totally surprised and overwhelmed by your surprise party and cake.  Sheila and Betty, we both thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  The people on this forum once again showed their caring and love!  I noticed Sheila and Betty going into the Kuch's coach and figured they were up to something but didn't have a clue it involved the two of us.  What a lovely gesture!  Thank you so much.

We didn't really plan our 50th vows renewal on Dec. 1st until a few days before Thanksgiving so no one was invited.  It was just the two of us, the minister, the lady who works at the wedding chapel, and the limo driver.  The lady and the driver were the witnesses.  None of our original wedding party are still "with" us and our small family were on the other side of the country so we just did our own thing.

To add to Betty's comments about people making our rallies work, the surprise anniversary party for us is a perfect example of this.  Someone had to plan when to do it and the weather changed every day so having a happy hour with decent weather was iffy.  Sheila kept track of the days and then Betty had to get the cake and have it inscribed with the right number of days.  Someone had to get eating utensils.  Someone had to make sure everyone was present.  So none of these rallies just happen on their own.  We all have to take part so when you come to a rally, do plan to participate even if it's "just" clearing the table after a meal or leading a group event.

Thank you again, Betty and Sheila.

ArdraF
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:46:16 AM by ArdraF »
ArdraF
:D :D

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #172 on: January 02, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
I am very pleased that Jerry & Ardra were really surprised.   In addition, all these rallies work because everyone is willing to help in some way and I think that we all just have so much fun being together.  Thanks to all who attended.

By the way next year will be the 7th annual Catalina New Years Rally.  As we saw this year the park was full over the holidays so if you think there is any chance you might attend you should reserve a site now.  Several of us already have and the cost to canccel is only $5.00 if the need should arise. 

Happy New Year and we will see a lot of you at Indio this coming Sunday!!!!!

SheilaJune
Ken & Sheila

Lorna

• ---
    • Our itinerary
« Reply #173 on: January 02, 2013, 07:02:24 PM »
Happy New Year to all the Framily.  Ned and I missed everyone at Catalina but we had a very nice Christmas and New Years Eve with some of our RV neighbors.  About 20 of us went out for dinner New Years Eve, then went to watch the fireworks at Canyon Lake and after that went to of our neighbors for dessert.  Got to see New York ball drop, so all in all it was great.
Lorna
Better to drive thy closet than pack thy suitcase
Want to know where we are?
http://whereis.nedreiter.com
Follow our trip of the USA at http://blog.usabyrv.us

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #174 on: January 02, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »
the cost to canccel is only $5.00 if the need should arise. 

Just an interesting note, I'm reading my Mom's 1988 journal and they stayed at Catalina in January 1988, cost $5, no hookups. Times change

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #175 on: January 02, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »
Six of us  hiked the  Canyon Loop Trail in Catalina State Park today.  It continues to be beautiful and to inspire us with the  glories of the desert!  In& Out Burger was Terry and Jim's reward.

This evening the remaining 10 of us discovered a "new to us"  restaurant.  Bubb's Grub treated us very well with their  BBQ items.  We had terrific service,  fine food and good atmosphere! A definite go back to  restaurant while visiting Tucson!

I think 2 more will remain in the morning as the rest  head out in different directions.  Adios Amigos.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #176 on: January 02, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »
Once again, our no-host New Year's Rally was keep rolling along by our non-hosts Ken & Sheila. Thanks from us also.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »
Did Ray and Liza make it back from their service appt?

We got to Massey's a little ahead of our appt. Tom's service was great as always. Tomorrow at 6AM is Cummins to have them fix the pan gasket leak (3rd try) and change the oil/filters.

Thanks to all who came to the rally and I hope you all and a good time despite the weather.

We have signed up with the park for next year as have a few others so I guess there will be a 7th annual.

I know we will see some of you in a few days at Indio. Safe travels to all.

ken'
Ken & Sheila

Liza

• ---
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
Ray and I were back from our service appointment in time for happy hour!  We had a broken and missing bracket on our sway bar.  The awning mysteriously healed itself before we got to LA Mesa.  This was the least expensive service call we have ever had.  Wow!

Thanks to all for making this years rally a great success.    Thanks to Sheila and Ken for hosting and keeping everybody in line. 

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #179 on: January 02, 2013, 11:28:34 PM »
The  Happy hikers of the day.  Catalina State Park Canyon Loop.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Hosted by Over The Network