2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today after the movies (at least for some) almost all of us went to lunch at Red Lobster.

Pictures attached

Attachments

• P1010697resized.jpg
    P1010697resized.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 32
  • P1010698resized.jpg
    P1010698resized.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 33
  • P1010699resized.jpg
    P1010699resized.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 31
Wendy and Jim....we'll all go to breakfast together.  If I got up for a 7-7:30 am breakfast, I'd have to take a nap later on in the day.  I am just NOT a morning person.  However, If I had to set a time....9 am would be perfect for me.

Marsha~

<sigh> You guys are making me feel awfully lonesome.  I almost made it out your way - I got the week off from work at the last minute - but then I found out my Mom was spending Christmas week alone.  So I went that way instead.

Hoist one for me at the New Years celebration!

Lou

Lou Schneider said:
<sigh> You guys are making me feel awfully lonesome.

Hoist one for me at the New Years celebration!

Lou, you will never be sorry for the choices you make.  Yes we promise to hoist one (or two) with your  name on it, as well as all the other Framily who could not  make Tucson this New Year. Just tell yourself how cold it is here!

As we get ready for New years Eve, I am reminded that around this time of the year we give our donation to the forum to help keep the "lights on" for another year. If you haven't made a donation recently, now is a good time. I know that some also do this at the Quartzsite rally and that is great.

The RV Forum and the friends we made through the forum have been part of our lives since we first joined the old Compuserve RV Forum in late 1993. Some of the people here at the rally have been friends since mid and late 1990's.

Happy New Years to ALL

and to the RV Forum.

ken

Betty Brewer said:
Lou, you will never be sorry for the choices you make.  Yes we promise to hoist one (or two) with your  name on it, as well as all the other Framily who could not  make Tucson this New Year. Just tell yourself how cold it is here!

Betty, your temperatures sound absolutely balmy.  We have not been above freezing for a week and may get to the low 30s some time late this week.    :(

Becky and I are not at Catalina State Park, however, reading these posts makes us wish we were! We are finally retired, and looking forward to some mini rallies with some of you down the road.

Looks like everyone is having a great time! Marsha, perhaps you and Beck can go to breakfast some time. 9:00 am is perfect for her too!  :)

Happy New Year everyone. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2013!

Stan & Becky

Lou,

In the past we have made that decision several times. You won't ever regret it.

We'll think of you and your Mom at New Years.

Hope to see you at Indio.

ken

Lou,

Good choice but we will miss you. At least it gives us somebody to talk about.  ;D ;D

Ken,

I think I joined the forum in late '93 or very early '94. I know it was about 2 years before we were able to sell the boat and I started thinking about it when I drove back from Monterey with our son after he graduated from PG school. That was in December '93.

We missed the dropping of the ball since Russ didn't have TV service but the party went on anyway.  ;D ;D

Attachments

• IMG_1063.JPG
    IMG_1063.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 30
Thanks to Russ and Jeff&Sue for being our New Years Eve Party hosts in their coaches.

I think all had a good time.

ken

Happy 2013 from RVForum Framily at Catalina State Park in Tucson Arizona.  Temp 32 degrees at 11:39 pm.  The group here celebrated  a New York time for New Years  because we are old and  "can't" stay up late or some such story.  Two  coaches were designated as Party rigs...  Russ Mahoney and Jeff and Sue's "New" to them,  Coach.  Thank you so much to our hosts who seemed to have provided  beverages as the rest of us brought cheese, meatballs, veggies and  all too much to eat considering we had all just been to  lunch.  There seemed to be a  moratorium on Weight Watcher Points  for the evening! 

Here is my attempt at photos following  my evening of Champagne! If they don't turn out...wait till morning and I'll have it figured out.  I did honor Randy's request to have nail art as part of the evening  as a tradition established last year.  May not happen again as there were few takers tonight.  But Russ was  a recipient of  my art work..Take note.....

Attachments

• IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 34
More 2013 Celebration.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1777.JPG
    IMG_1777.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1780.JPG
    IMG_1780.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 35
For those RVForum Framily who were not present.... Please know  that we toasted a Happy New Year to you.  Fred and Daisy are you listening?

Lou, Jim and Pat G?  Others who cancelled?  Happy New Year!

We did see the ball drop even if it was on a little 37" screen. In fact we watched it thee or four times to make sure it was down.

Here are a few photos that show it got noisier as the night went on. :D

Happy New Year all!

Attachments

• IMG_20121231_201528_517 (Small).jpg
    IMG_20121231_201528_517 (Small).jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20121231_201510_040 (2).jpg
    IMG_20121231_201510_040 (2).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20121231_214403_800 (Small).jpg
    IMG_20121231_214403_800 (Small).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20121231_220043_211 (2) (Small).jpg
    IMG_20121231_220043_211 (2) (Small).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 40
Betty Brewer said:
For those RVForum Framily who were not present.... Please know  that we toasted a Happy New Year to you.  Fred and Daisy are you listening?

Lou, Jim and Pat G?  Others who cancelled?  Happy New Year!

Thanks for the thoughts.  A quiet time was had in the Godward house in cold MT!!

Looks like it was quite a party.

Happy New Year to all.

Thanks for remembering us on this special occasion.  You can't know how much we missed being with all of you.  I think it was our first miss since 2000 when we all met on the desert and had such a wonderful time, albeit a cold one.  The beginning of this great tradition.  Remembering that first one I began thinking of those who were there and are no longer with us.  We've certainly had a good run!

Happy New Years each and everyone!

Daisy

SeilerBird said:
My how times change. Ten years ago a 37" screen was considered a monster.

Tom I am parked between Randy and Ray who have 46" LED monsters. We are waiting for someone to show up with a 55" next.

Betty Brewer said:

I've been reading all the posts and remembering being with all y'all at  that wonderful state park. Last Fri was "Do Over Day" as the one new wire in my ICD pacer-defib unit stopped working; so, they replaced it that morning.

?Maybe mext year Catalina willl be my "Do Over Rally"? ::)

Back
Top Bottom