2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty,

Sorry we missed the hike. I love that hike - fairly easy and great scenery.

Did anyone get wet feet?

It's 4:45AM and we are getting ready for our Cummins appt.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Did anyone get wet feet?

Ken,
It was amazing, there was very little water in any of the  stream crossings.  We were able to cross using rocks with no problem.  I was glad to have my walking stick to  help balance over a few of the rocks. I had expected much more water given our rains. 
Betty

7:29 am getting ready for our Premier appt.

I created an album for the rally in our photo gallery, and uploaded all the pictures posted in this topic (click the Photos button above). Thanks to all the photographers for taking the shots and posting them to share with those of us who couldn't be present.

I need to also add Debby's and my thanks to the Kuchs and everyone else who, once again, helped to make our rally to be just like the Army?"all that it could be". I also need to thank Frank, Terry, and all those who helped to remove, and replace, our radiator cap. I found out, from our stop yesterday at Freightliner, that if we would have had only 6 more able bodied helpers, in addition to everyone who was already there, to hold the loose hose clamp while one of us turned the screwdriver to tighten the clamp, we could have stopped the leak right there at Catalina. I guess that the moral of that story is that we should never have a get-together unless we at least have a minyan.

I look forward to seeing most of you again in Indio.

Randy

It was a great rally. Thanks to all that participated! We arrived in Yuma around 4pm at Sunset Mesa on Ave. 3E. It is a PA park but one that we will not visit again. Sites are tight and short. Whoever leveled them just dumped a bunch of dirt and tried to level it with a bucket loader. They are like washboards.

The coach is almost level but off enough I'm not even going to try to put the slide out. Since it's only 3 nights, we'll cope with it. It's a far cry from Catalina!!  :)

Jim,

We are in a Passport park, Saddle Mountain, in Tonopah at exit 94 off I-10. 300+ sites. Overnight sites are pull thurs, full hookups and level. PA rate $15.00, but a max of 3 nights per year. Nice looking park, but 20 miles back to any real shopping. We are headed to Lake Cahuilla tomorrow. See you Sunday.

ken' 

Ken and Sheila,

Debby and I spent last night in the huge parking area behind the Shell truck stop at exit 94. $0/ night, but no hookups! Today we pulled into a Passport park (Green Acres) 3 miles north of the the Desert Center exit off I-10. Full hookups $15/night. Site #1 will be open tomorrow AM. A level and decently wide and long site. Nothing special but it's quiet and reasonably priced. Come join us for a couple of nights. The owner, Mary, is about 90, or more, years old (no joke) and is a real hoot. She's owned this park for 42 years. There are only 19 sites and they're all full, at least until tomorrow when #1 will open up, according to Mary.

We had a great time again and look forward to Ken's non-rally again next year.

Thanks everyone.

Vall & Mo,

We are very glad you could join us for a few days.  It was our pleasure to meet you.
Maybe when you are able to be here more you can join us again, at Catalina or some other rally.

Hope to see you soon.

ken

Terry and I spent the day in service at Premier.  Good shop.  Spent 5 x what Ray spent but we have a working step, new air dryer and no more fuel leak.  Finished at 5:15 pm.  Headed home but since we do not like driving in dark exited at 199 in Gila Bend and are boon docking overnight in huge parking lot across from She'll.  Empty lot.

Still feel like we are on a rally as we ran into Ray and Liza in Camping World today.  I did not find a chair I liked.  Saved a few bucks there!

Ken
Jolene and I stayed at that park in Tonopah in Nov.  Kind of a pain having the drive to stopping, but pretty comfortable place.  The CG's closer to shopping were $40+! 

Betty Brewer said:
Spent 5 x what Ray spent but we have a working step, new air dryer and no more fuel leak.

You guys are lucky! We spent the morning at Smmons Auto and got a quote for our repairs that is a little over 10 times what Ray spent. They ordered parts and we have to return next Tuesday or Wednesday. They will have our motor home for two days to do the work and we "get to stay in a motel" one night. We need a new motor home.  ;) :'(

R

I don't think we spent anyway near what Ray and Liza spent. Since the car check engine light and derate engine warning came on Monday morning, we only ran the car to hook it up when we left and unhook it at the Goodyear dealer. Turns out it was an accelerator module (drive by wire) that had to be overnited from LA. Picked up the coach yesterday after the shower handle and the leaking hot water tank pressure relief valve were replaced. A cracked tray in the utility bay thru which the dump hose goes will be replaced or repaired when we get back from Indio. Hopefully, all the coach work is covered by our extended warranty.

Bernie,

I have to apologize. I forgot you needed help with the relief valve!!! Next time hit me upside the head to remind me!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom