2013 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park, AZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday Randy and Debbie joined Sheila and I at the Movies (This is 40) and then lunch at Olive Garden.
Tonight we had a little gathering in our motorhome  with Randy&Debbie and Vall&Mo.
It was a pleasure to meet Vall&Mo and learn about their plans to fulltime in the US in a few years.
The picture attached was taken by Vall (using a micro tripod).

ken

Attachments

• IMG_3944_Edited.JPG
    IMG_3944_Edited.JPG
    236.1 KB · Views: 47
Ken, I noticed a significant problem with Vall's camera. It made all of us look much older than we really are. He should get a new  one, with a better lens, for the rest of their trip.

We arrived at Catalina in time to accompany Ken & Sheila to Benson for lunch with Fred & Daisy. Sheila said we needed a photo so here it is. Great seeing everyone again.

Randy, the iphone takes care of the problem with Vall's camera!  ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 42
Jim Dick said:
We arrived at Catalina in time to accompany Ken & Sheila to Benson for lunch with Fred & Daisy.

No Fair!  We wanted to see Fred and Daisy too. Oh well............ sigh..........  I hate to miss anything.  I am at home baking.  Yes baking!  I'll bring the apple cake to Catalina.  We will arrive Thursday ( tomorrow.)  Only 6 points per slice! I did 60 minutes of Zumba this morning!

Betty

Ohhh.... the agony.  Six of my favorite people all in one room and we're not there!  :'(  Hope you all have a wonderful time at Catalina.

Margi

Margi,

You were missed but we did talk about you tonight. Something about Fred and the atom bomb and your response several minutes later!  ;D ;D

Ha ha .... was really hard for me to not trust what Fred was saying, but it slowly dawned on me that he was pulling our collective legs!  Only Fred!  Few people could have hoodwinked us like he did.  ;D

Margi

Rally Attendee List

B3 - Richard & Linda  12/27-1/3  Arrived
B17 ? Bernie & Marlene 12/29-1/2
B19 ? Jerry & Ardra  12/27-1/3  Arrived
B20 ? Jim & Pat D  12/26-1/3  Arrived
B21 ? Randy & Debbie    12/23-1/2  Arrived
B22 ? Jeff & Sue    12/29-1/3
B24 ? Russ      12/27-1/3  Arrived
B30 ? Mike & Laura    12/27-1/4  Arrived
B32 - Vall & Mo.  12/25-12/27 Arrived (extended to 12/28 on site B37
B32 ? Ray & Liza  12/27-1/4 Arrived
B33 ? Ken & Sheila  12/23-1/2  Arrived
B35 ? Terry & Betty  12/27-1/3  Arrived
B37 ? Frank & Barb  12/28-1/2

We had a great time at lunch and thanks for making the trip over.  So happy Pat & Jim made it to Catalina in time for it.  We so enjoyed our "old timers" get together.  Much to short, but still very comforting.  Thanks again.  It was heart breaking for us to not make Catalina this year, but there's always next year.

Daisy said:
We had a great time at lunch and thanks for making the trip over.  So happy Pat & Jim made it to Catalina in time for it.  We so enjoyed our "old timers" get together.  Much to short, but still very comforting.  Thanks again.  It was heart breaking for us to not make Catalina this year, but there's always next year.

Daisy

Marlene and I are sorry that we will be getting down to Catalina after you and Fred visited. Our opportunities to visit with you are too far in between.

Daisy,

We were very happy we could make it! We're going to sign up for the FMCA rally, also! Hoping we will see you again sometime before the rally.

In case you haven't heard the following activities were discussed this afternoon's at "happy hour".

For Saturday:

At 7:30 a group is going for breakfast.

At 11:00 a group is leaving for historic Old Town Tucson (not Old Tucson used for movies).
Old Town Tucson is an area of artisans and historic buildings. We will have lunch in the area.

Anyone interested meet in front of our motorhome and we'll carpool.

ken

This  morning we saw Frank and Barb come  driving into Catalina State Park.  Within a few minutes we had a  mini rally of sorts in our motorhome.  Jerry and Ardra came over  to visit and catch up on details of our recent life  history. Frank and Barb joined in the  discussion.  Then  the guys decided to take a dry run to  Premier RV in Tucson to see how our service appointment will be on 1/3.  We Saw Russ drive in.  Ken rushed over to help with Russ' broken water heater. The girls were treated with  a scarf frenzy as Pat D.  gave  knitted scarves to the girls present around a  circle when the weather cleared.  Randy made sure we all had chairs!  Debbie had a potload of books to give away. Ray gave us  information on the big sheep talk to be given by Rangers on  Sunday.  When Terry returned with the guys who had been on his ride along to the service place, we whimped out  due to cold winds.  In a little while, Ray came  seeking information from Terry on why  Liza would be smelling  rotten eggs and thinking there was a bird sound. Turns out they had fried( boiling ) batteries.  Fast forward, yep batteries are toast.

Group is going to breakfast at 7:30 am. ( Not me nor the late sleepers) Then a tour of  old town Tucson for lunch.    Don't  you wish you were here!

BB

Oh, my God, YES!!!

Sheer torture to hear all the details, but PLEASE keep those details coming, Betty!  Enjoying every excruciating minute and memory.  ;D

Margi

A group of nine of us went to breakfast this morning at 7:30 which sure weeds out the wimps!!!!The waitress was worth the price of admission.  Forgot to get a picture but we had a very nice time..

Sheila June

Sheila June ... I think that Betty Person will think of some way to make you pay for the "wimp" designation.  ;D ;D ;D

Margi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom