EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Streets & Trips 2006  (Read 11829 times)

UK-RV

• ---
Re: Streets & Trips 2006
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 09:40:19 AM »
Hi Mick

Tom Tom :-

I found the maps just fine for driving the car over here, but I wouldn't feel 100% happy relying on it for the RV due to no specific rv options.

One problem you have with Tom Tom is that you need to load a new map for each State - great when you are IN that State but could be a problem when travelling from State to State. They also include a 'major roads of the US' map for those times.

If, like me, you paid £20 for the TT5 software and maps, you won't be complaining too much  ;).

I suggest buying a window mount for the car and a charging stand to sit on the dash area of the RV (you cant really use the window mount as it would probably be 4 feet away from you  ;D)

CoachNet :-

I found that the website didnt give an option to just join CoachNet - you had to join as a member of FMCA etc.

We got a free sub for FMCA with the coach, but had to wait 3 weeks to get the membership number, before we could sign-up to CN.

Paul

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 09:52:44 AM »
I found that the website didnt give an option to just join CoachNet - you had to join as a member of FMCA etc. We got a free sub for FMCA with the coach, but had to wait 3 weeks to get the membership number, before we could sign-up to CN.

FWIW I wasn't asked for a FMCA membership number, just my coach number and CoachNet gave me a temporary ID number on the phone. OTOH my first year was paid by Monaco, although I didn't know that until I called to sign up for membership.

Seems to me that, if Mick has things narrowed down to a few manufacturers/models, he could call CN and find out if those manufacturers pay the sub. Then, when he's made his deal at the dealership (or when he takes delivery), all he needs to do is call CoachNet on the spot with his coach number and he'll be signed up. No need to wait to be covered. He would, of course, need an address for them to send him his official membership card, but the phone call and temporary ID would be sufficient should he need to call for service.

FWIW I failed to notify CN of a change of address after the first year. They'd obviously sent the renewal notice to the old address and I didn't realize until I was checking insurance and other stuff before leaving on a trip. So my membership had lapsed. All it took was a phone call to be signed up again.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:54:16 AM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Mick & Pat

• ---
    • Thiswilldous
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 09:55:02 AM »
Thanks for that guy's.

Paul my Tom Tom Nav 5 USA maps came pre loaded on one SD card which I think was getting on for 1Gig.

Tom I am bookmarking those links along with all the others I have obtained of this fab site.
Regards Mick & Pat Podmore.

UK couple who toured USA / Canada. Oct 2007 - Aug 2009

2005 Fleetwood Discovery 39S,Cat C7, Freightliner XC Chassis  2008 Jeep Liberty Ltd 3.7 .

BernieD

• ---
    • PressurePro
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 10:00:23 AM »
FWIW I wasn't asked for a FMCA membership number, just my coach number and CoachNet gave me a temporary ID number on the phone. OTOH my first year was paid by Monaco, although I didn't know that until I called to sign up for membership

Tom

I believe that the different affinity groups have their own phone number into Coach-Net. So if you have service thru an FMCA policy you call one number and they know you are an FMCA member. If you have coverage thru the Monaco service program you have another.
Bernie & Marlene Dobrin
Home is Goodyear, AZ
Missing our Travel Supreme

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 10:21:46 AM »
Interesting Bernie. When I called the first time to activate the membership, they asked what brand of coach I had  ???

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 11:15:25 AM »
They need to know the make and model of your coach so they can better find the appropriate service centers when you need help.  Don't want to send a Monaco to a Fleetwood service facility :)
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

BruceinFL

• ---
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »
BruceinFL - is CoPilot supposed to work in Canada (and Alaska) ?

Im having trouble inputting the street number and street name into CoPilot 8 - it just freezes.

It will let me enter as far as the City Name but that's about it.

Ive been thru the CoPilot website but cant find any mention that the software is OK for Canada, and their support team hasnt replied to my email as yet.

OnaQuest - same question to you - as you are planning an Alaskan tour, are you also relying on CoPilot to get you thru Canada etc.

Thanks
Paul

Jozee -  ;D - we would stop to ask for directions, but I only ever seem to pass women so there doesn't seem much point.  ;) ;D ;D

Paul,
Copilot will work in Canada but you have to buy the "key" to activate the Canadian database in the software. Contact them for the info and cost.

Bruce A.
2004 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK 5W
2005 Ford F-350 SRW 6.0L

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 05:05:08 PM »
Costco currently has Street & Trips 2006 for $14.95 after rebate.

davidsimmonds

• ---
  • 2005 Dodge 2500 SLT Cummins; 2006 Wildcat 30LSWB
    • Simmonds
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2006, 09:41:22 AM »
UK-RV, are you fulltiming at the Lake Pleasant RV park in Bothell? We'll be there Aug 5 thru 9 this summer.

Hosted by Over The Network