RVForum Southeast Rally 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
The Brinck's and the Reavis's are going camping and invite all their friends, both present and future, to join in. We will be at the Laura Walker State Park near Waycross, GA, from 10/22 thru 10/26.  The camp sites are lovely, the Waycross area has plenty of shopping and restaurants, and the park even has an 18 hole golf course and fishing lake, so come on down and join in!

Make your reservations at:
http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx?locationid=51&s=0.0.0.5

Maps at: http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx?locationid=51&show=map

As some of you may know, Nancy & I have had a bad run of luck holding Fall Rallies for the last 3 years. In 2009 we wrecked our coach on the way to the campground. The others carried on without us. Two months before the 2010 gathering we discovered that Nancy's supposedly dormant cancer had metastasized and we had to rush home for new treatments and the event was cancelled. In 2011 we made it to the rally but our cat suffered acute kidney failure and we left early to rush her to a vet hospital (to no avail). This year we are hoping to arrive safely and stay through the entire affair, so hope you can join to help cheer us on!

Gary,

As you know, we certainly would love to be there but, alas, it's too far from Yellowstone to make the trip. :) Maybe when we finally "retire" again!

Hope you do have a safe trip and enjoyable rally. We'll certainly be thinking of you!!!

One of these years we will be back east when one of your fabulous rallies is being held.  Sure enjoyed the one we were at.  We are thinking about a trip east next year as the Grand kids are growing fast!!

Gary, as previously discussed, we would love to join you, but since Uncle Sam limits our time in the US, October is way too early for us.  We try to hit Florida mid December so that we can take advantage of the nice May weather, while we are still having cool damp days back in NS.  So, sorry.  Besides, with the size of the black cloud that seems to be following us home from Moab, I'm not sure we'll still have a coach when we get there.

Ed

Gary:  We haven't thought that far out yet, but would like to attend.  We'll see what else is happening around that time and get back to you.

Hope you can make it, Ron. We always need somebody to make the pancakes!  We wanted to give everybody plenty of advance notice so they could make their fall plans.

Besides, with the size of the black cloud that seems to be following us home from Moab, I'm not sure we'll still have a coach when we get there.

Ed: Sorry you are having difficulties but I'm glad to hear we aren't the only ones with that black cloud overhead!

Looks like Mike & Caroline Wassing will attend again. They did their first RV Forum rally last October at GA Vets park and made some new friends, so want to come back for more.

Gary RV Roamer said:
The Brinck's and the Reavis's are going camping and invite all their friends, both present and future, to join in. We will be at the Laura Walker State Park near Waycross, GA, from 10/22 thru 10/26...
Gary -- Is that leaving on the 26th or 27th?  There's a chance we may be able to make it.

Gary,

We'll be in Tennessee in mid Sept. and may be able to schedule it on the way to Ft. Myers. I'll let you know.

Ernie

That sure would be great as we have not been able to take in any rallies as of yet ,however we have to be in Boston for a wedding on the 28 of Oct. We will be staying in N.S. until a few days before that and will leave very shortly after for home so we will miss you by that much. Maybe next time....Alan

Frank: The official end of the rally is on the 26th, but some may elect to hang out longer. We are flexible and can stay an extra day or two if others want to do the same.

Ron & Shirley: Great - looking forward to seeing you. The rally is only 5 days anyway, so you won't miss anything at all!

Ernie & Tara: Hope you can arrange it - would love to meet up.

Gary,
Last year was our first rally, we for me , Diane was home after 6 months on the road. I broke my tooth shortly after you left and i was on my way to a Dentist and new tooth. We are hoping to be back from North of Boston by then and will plan on attending. I do need to get the calendar from Diane who is nestled in bed at the moment. Well let you know.

Jim

Patsy and I are trying to work it in. Really enjoyed the last one at Cordele before we had to leave also. Would like to see everyone again.

Jerry

Gary,

We're reserved; arriving 21 Oct. Is there a particular area we should look to park?

Looking forward to meeting all.

Ernie 'n Tara

Ernie & Tara,
Mike & Caroline Wassing will need one of the handicap (ADA) sites, so will be on either #39 or #42. They hope to get #39, the long pull-through ADA site.  If we all try to get close to there, we should end up close together.

Laura Walker Park Map: http://gastateparks.org/net/go/parks.aspx?locationid=51&show=map

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom