RVForum Southeast Rally 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will update this list as we go along:  So far I have the following attendees:

ALREADY RESERVED

Gary & Nancy Brinck [Gary RVRoamer]
Dave & Jeanette Reavis [Dave R]
Mike & Caroline Wassing [mwassing]
Ron & Shirley Marabito  [Ron from Big D]
Ernie & Tara White [Ernie n Tara]
Jim & Diane ______ [Jim & Di]
[Durwood (DT) Smith [Seabreeze331]
Wayne & Judy Malone [Judway]
Rick & Connie [Rickf]

MAYBE...
Jerry & Patsy Potter [Wizard46]
Don & Mary Ann Nesbitt [Gmsboss1]

I haven't given much thought to a rally agenda, but we can decide it as we go along. The usual 4 PM Happy Hour with various hors d'ouvres is, of course, a given. And a nightly campfire too, weather permitting. If anybody has access to some firewood, bring it along.

We usually go out for dinner one night, so maybe do that on the last evening (Thursday, 10/25) so we don't have leftovers to deal with?

Gary,
would love to meet all you people we've talked to for almost two years.
We're currently in Arizona but heading that way.  We'll try to work it in.
Rick

Rick & Connie
Arctic fox 25P

Unfortunately, Cheryl and I will not be able to make it.  We've had some health issues that are keeping us closer to home through October.

Gary,
We really wish we could make it, but with all the rallies we have attended this year and mostly in the WEST,  this one won't work for us.  But I do thank you and Nancy for your continuing dedication to holding East Coast rallies.  It keeps our RVForum  personal and friendly !

Gary:

All the east coasters are out around Yellowstone. ;D

We would love to be there to see old friends but are in Colorado headed in the wrong direction.

Mary Ann and I are in Salem, OR, around 3000 miles from the rally site, but we are still talking about trying to make it there.  We still have a couple of interim stops we have to nail down.  These will determine whether we can get there in time.

Will post if/when we confirm our reservations.

Don

You know, if you Americans for the next election, whenever that may be held, made sure that important issues like "how long tourists can visit" came to the forefront, as opposed to those non relevant issues, just then maybe Canadians like us could come down early enough to join you for these Rallies and still be down long enough that we won't have snow/bad weather when we get home.  ;)

Ed

Ed,
When I was a young lad I trapped along the US/Canada border. In Northern Minnesota. There was a family that was kind to me. The house was on part of the US and part on Canada. They never had to spend 6 months in one part of the house. Also how do the hockey players spend a 9 or 10 month spell in the US. Seems the laws are backward. Still would be nice to meet and greet.
Jim

I guess I'm too old to become a professional hockey player, besides they're locked out now, which is another sore point with most Canadians. :mad:

Ed

PS:  Another aside is that, I'd need to learn how to skate in order to play hockey, and that would mean being on ice, and I've vowed not to be anywhere near snow or ice, other than in a glass.

If you are a Canadian citizen in good standing, you can qualify for a special visa to attend RV Forum rallies in the USA.  Just ask about it at any US consulate and mention my name - I'm sure they will tell you where to go.  ;)

I think we would have a better chance of having a friendlier administration elected than having border guards and IRS staff give special dispensation.  Or as a former boss of mine used to say, we would have as much chance of accomplishing that as we would have keeping the tide back using a pitch fork.  Oh well, maybe someday we will be the way we were prior to 1921, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom