RVForum Southeast Rally 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    We didn't want to stay in Montgomery another day, so I called the park and they said I could come in early.  We arrived about 4:30 pm and most of the good spots were already taken.  I think many will leave on Sunday.  Ernie & Tara:  I hope you can get a decent site.  They are having a car show on Saturday.  Hope it is decent also.  See you all when you arrive.  Shirley and I are in site 19.  Charcoal gray Wanderlodge.

Gary,

I tried to arrive early and was warned that the group had most spots; decided to arrive Sunday (We're in Tallahassee now). They said most were leaving Sunday Morning so we'll probably arrive around 2:00. Planning to ask for close to 39 or 42 or if you guys are there already.

Note:  We've got enough supplies to do "Tara's famous Pizza" one night if that works (and there is not a better offer. ;D ;D ). We might have to borrow an oven to time them right.

Ernie

If I wasn't 2719 miles away in Bend, OR, I would have to roll with thought of Tara's Famous Pizza, having had some in Ennis, MT last year.  :p

Hope you have great weather!

p.s. Ron, I have missed every car show in the West by one day this year...pictures, maybe????

Give me a call on Sunday morning around 10:00 and I'll let you know.  214-676-4046

Doesn't make any difference, Ron. We are coming regardless.  :D  And since we all have reservations, there will be a site somewhere.

Probably around 2-ish for us as well. We aren't far, but we don't plan to leave early and have to make a stop in Savannah on the way.

Guess you already realized that we are not going to make it this year, MH still in the shop.
Saying hello to everyone anyway and maybe next year.

Jerry and Patsy

Kim:    Here is a few images.

Attachments

• IMG_1138 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1138 (Medium).jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1139 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1139 (Medium).jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1141 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1141 (Medium).jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1142 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1142 (Medium).jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1143 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1143 (Medium).jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1145 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1145 (Medium).jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 26
    Even though we don't start the official rally till tomorrow, we are lucky enough to have 5 rigs here today.  We gathered for happy hour at Gary's coach and Nancy brought hot dogs for dinner.  I'm not good at remembering all the names, so I'll leave that to Gary to post. 

As the fire was burning down and it was getting cooler, the group started heading back to their respective rigs.  We'll have some photos tomorrow.

Gary, would love to meet you guys...I am doing radiation now for melanoma even though I will miss 1 treatment to go to the GS Rally in Eustis the 13 Nov. Hope you get a good turnout.

Glen

Five rigs showed up early, so we got off to a good start. Besides ourselves, Ron & Shirley Marabito, Ernie & Tara White, Mike & Caroline Wassing and Carroll & Anne Anderson.  Had some dogs and potato salad for dinner, followed by Anne's delicious cake, plus a modest campfire (we didn't have much wood).

Here  are a couple photos for starters...

Attachments

• Warm-up_1_2012 SE Fall Rally.JPG
    Warm-up_1_2012 SE Fall Rally.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Warm_up_2_2012 SE Fall Rally.JPG
    Warm_up_2_2012 SE Fall Rally.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 64
gwcowgill said:
Gary, would love to meet you guys...I am doing radiation now for melanoma even though I will miss 1 treatment to go to the GS Rally in Eustis the 13 Nov. Hope you get a good turnout.

Glen

Wish you could be there to meet Nancy, Glen.  She's my cancer warrior hero.  She's been through a lot and handled it better than anyone I know.  Gary, too.

Margi

I don't allow anything to get me down, Played golf this morning go to radiation this pm. Thanks for the encouragement we will along with the doctors conquer this even though it seems like an ongoing problem now.  Someday we will meet you all.....

Well, the gang is all here and we kicked off the official rally start with a big social circle at our campsite and a delicious dinner of North Carolina BBQ port, Dave Reavis' famous BBQ-style cole slaw, potato salad, baked chicken and various desserts. Followed by a big campfire.

Rom Marabito took several photos, but I see he didn't get a round to posting any yet. He headed out to the Okeefenokee Swapm early this morning for more photo ops, so maybe later today.

Tonight is sort of a pot luck, with the folks bringing "heavy hors de'ouvres" so we can sort of snack our way through happy hour and beyond, without an actual dinner time.

Tara White will make "Tara's Famous Pizza" on Wednesday and we are all looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom