What did you do to/with your RV today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captsteve

I have not seen the thread that was on here for a while so, let's start a new one.

Today I daydreamed about mine. Am at sea running from a Tropical depression :(

Steve

Sat inside all day - just too hot & humid to go outside. We are in the Thousand Trails Chesapeake Bay park in Virginia and temps soared over 100 here. The a/c ran non-stop and it was about 82 at the front of the coach in the glass house but a pleasant 77 further back.

Gary, have you seen anyone put up a sun fly outside the coach? Just curious, I know it would drastically reduce that greenhouse effect. The big problem I can see is if a breeze comes up, keeping it tidy and in control.

Get to go out and pull everything out of the basement storage and reorganize today. We packed quite a bit of extra stuff for a camping trip with our 5 grown kids and spouses and 11 of our grandkids last week. Sorry about your weather Gary, high of 77 here today with a nice Delta breeze... 8) We had our 100 degree days this past weekend.

We are leaving in about 2 hours to go to a Ocean Mesa RV resort near Santa Barbara, CA.  It's about a 2 hour drive for us.  Just to spend the weekend in our home away from home and try out a new place.  We've camped in the area many times, but never at this place.  Can't wait to get on the road.  :)

We are parked at the Canyon Bonito RV and Fisherman's Club (full hook ups for $12.50/day by the month) on the Conejos River in southern Colorado. Slept late, and relaxed in our home. Later we took a walk through the woods down to the river.
Felt lazy, so didn't go fly fishing today.
Ernie

Pulled it from the side yard wed afternoon.  Loaded it with food and other stuff last night.  Installed a tach/hour meter on the Yamaha ef2000 genny last night. Leaving in a few hours for camping in the Plumas Natl Forest.

We are at Nellis AFB FAMCAMP enjoying Las Vegas but will be heading north soon. Glad I have 50A service to keep both AC's going strong. Will replenish supplies today. Hadn't been to LV in 18 years, what a change.

Yesterday, I walked out to the motorhome and opened the door so it gets some air. Last evening, I walked out and closed the door. This morning, I walked out and opened the door so it gets some air. This evening, I'll walk out ........

Wendy

Not really today, but we are headed out tomorrow for a few days with the Grandkids to Silver Dollar City near Branson MO for some fun in the sun with our grandbabys. 8)

Gary, have you seen anyone put up a sun fly outside the coach?

Skyking1: Do you mean on a patio awning? Or one that covers the entire rig, like a tent fly?  I have my awnings extended to shade the sides of the rig and several people here have the additional awning fly that extends to the ground, but I have never seen a "whole house" type of fly.

captsteve said:
Today I daydreamed about mine. Am at sea running from a Tropical depression :(
Steve

So Steve, did you outrun it ok? Sorry to hear that you can only daydream about yours but our story isn't all that exciting to share at the moment. We are hiding at a VERY local CG to home while potential buyers gallop through our house hopefully daydreaming about buying it ;) . Enjoying the weather though and the RV of course! Hopefully you will be soon as well!

I replaced the bedroom roof vent.  Some dope wasn't watching where he was stepping while washing the roof.  I'm certain his wife will never let him live it down either.  At least I got the roof nice and shiny!

Next up is replacing the faulty power converter.

Like Pancake Bil, I woke up in it this morning, but with a view of the Atlantic ocean rather than Old Faithful.

After a 6am raising of the flag over the NPS campground here on the North Carolina Outer Banks, I cleaned the nose art off the inside of the windshield and collected a small vacuum cleaner bag of dog hair from the dash area.

Wolf Pack Fan said:
Pulled it from the side yard wed afternoon.  Loaded it with food and other stuff last night.  Installed a tach/hour meter on the Yamaha ef2000 genny last night. Leaving in a few hours for camping in the Plumas Natl Forest.

WPF- We just got back from Little Grass Valley Reservoir in Plumas National Forest camping with the whole family for 5 days. Had a great time and the weather was spectacular. Here's a few pics. Where are you headed?

Attachments

• LGV1rs.jpg
    LGV1rs.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 41
  • LGV2rs.jpg
    LGV2rs.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 38
  • LGV3rs.jpg
    LGV3rs.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • LGV4rs.jpg
    LGV4rs.jpg