Where on the Route are the Dick's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim Dick said:
Terry,

The problem I have is finding one that won't extend too far into the aisle. Most are too deep for the space I have since it is directly across the aisle from the washer/dryer. Will have to see what Kevin has in mind tomorrow.

Jim

Mine is exactly like that.... Look at the picture in my last message, the Pheasant is sitting on top of our washer.

Terry,

Yes but it appears you still have more room to get through than we do.  :) There is 27" from the door of the refer to the door on the washer/dryer. If we get a replacement that protrudes another  5" it will make it too tight. I'd never get the washer/dryer out if needed.

Thanks, Pat asked me this morning if I was going to buy her a new refrigerator for our anniversary.
Jim

It will go nice with the washer dryer you got her for (Birthday?) last Fall.

Where space is at a premium you probably want/need a cabinet (counter) depth fridge with french doors or side-by-side doors, which unfortunately are typically more expensive than standard depth. French doors helps because the doors are narrower, reducing the swing clearance. Cabinet depth fridges are typically 24-29" deep (including handles) with the  doors closed and about 43-45" with french doors at 90 degrees open.

Gary,

I have been looking at those. They still appear to protrude to much. Will have to see what Kevin thinks.

Google mapped your approximate route, just about 1700 miles and 29 hours.  I would suggest breaking it up a bit though, I think that is too much all at once.

::)

Jim Dick said:
Terry,

Yes but it appears you still have more room to get through than we do.  :) There is 27" from the door of the refer to the door on the washer/dryer. If we get a replacement that protrudes another  5" it will make it too tight. I'd never get the washer/dryer out if needed.

Jim

Mine has 31 1/2"  from the refrig door to the washer/dryer door.... I think a counter depth model would fit depth wise in your current space but would be 2-3 times more expensive.

Ken & Jim, we bought that Samsung last August; and, after a year we still love it. The Samsung induction range/oven that came at the same time, [since we didn't want to $$$$ remodel for gas,] is the best elec powered we've seen: faster, no heat on the top, 'cept in the pan. If my older Norcold. which has never had a recall gets problematic, I'm glad there's a site and places that can do a replacement. 

Bill,

My calculation was close....about one day and 3 hours. ;D ;D I will definitely break it up somewhat.

Bob,

I was thinking about a Samsung but a forum member had one in their house and it failed rather quickly. Once the new refer is in place I think it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to find someone to service it.  :( I'm hoping we will get some good suggestions tomorrow.

Jim,

We have residential type washer and dryer. The washer is a Whirlpool made in Italy (works more like a dishwasher with an internal water heating function). When the washer stopped working I was really concerned about service, but I contacted the local Whirlpool service outfit. They sent a tech out who had no issues with working on the the unit in the motorhome. He did have to remove from the cabinet to replace the control board but he seemed fine with everything. He made two trips (had to order the board) and the total service labor cost was about $100 including travel time. If this had been "RV" service it would have been at least double!

Ken,

Yep, that "RV" in front of anything adds greatly to the cost!! We checked Lowes yesterday and found 3 units that should fit. There's also Menards here in OH which is similar to Lowes and Home Depot. Will probably check there today. Will meet with Kevin this morning and go over the possibilities available.

Good news!!! The new refer is in place and cooling down. It was quite a struggle for the technician. He had to make several modifications to the opening but finally got it installed. Only some trim work to complete and final blocking under the front and we should be set to roll down the road. Once this is over I think I'm going to need a vacation!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Attached is a photo of the final project.

Attachments

• Samsung RF217ACRS.JPG
    Samsung RF217ACRS.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 60
Looks good Jim.  When will you be arriving in Yellowstone?  We will arrive at Flagg Ranch at the south entrance on the 6th July. Currently south of Pocatello, ID just off I-15. Hope to finally get to meet you and Bill.  Glen

That new unit sure looks good Jim! and that large freezer drawer looks like it will hold a lot of stuff.

Glen,

We probably won't get out of here before 6 July. Hope you will be in the area for some time. It will probably take 3 to 4 days to make the trip to Yellowstone.

Tom,

That freezer will hold much more than we will ever need but they don't make them any smaller. ;D So far we are really pleased with the installation and I can't say enough about Kevin Mallory and Cruising America RV Service. They have gone above and beyond to get our problem resolved as quickly as possible.

Jim, do you have a link to Kevin's web site?

Jim,  We will be leaving on the 10th to see son in Omaha and then on to VA for a family reunion. I wish we could spend more time here but I really overscheduled way too much in too little time so I will have to make this trip again someday. If I don't catch you in Yellowstone, I hope to see you back in Florida.

Tom,

Kevin's website is listed as www.cruisingamericarv.com but doesn't come up with an actual site. It does provide a link to his info. I would suggest calling him since I mentioned I had written to you and he seemed interested. I hope he does advertise as I think he is one of the service providers that really cares about his customers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom