Strange Laws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RossM

Hi again, we are in the throes of planning a summer trip now that we have our Dolphin.  Just for fun what is the strangest law/bylaw that you all have come across.  For example: a taxi needing to carry a bale of hay in the trunk or any motorized vehicle needing to have someone walk in front warning people.  That kind of thing.

I think maybe it's been a few years since any laws like that have been encountered in the US.

That's not to say that there aren't some weird laws still on the books of several states.  However, the chances of you ever being charged with violating any of these is pretty slim.

I think it is Three Rivers, MI that has a law where it is illegal to back up an automobile (How you get into and out of parking spaces I don't know)

The state of Washington, I am told, has a law where it is illegal to "Seduce a virgin" From what I understand no exception if you get married first.

Michigan does have a pair of laws, "Lewed and Lacivious Co-habition" (5 year felony) and "Adultry" (10 year felony).

Imagine our politicians if we the people insted on enforcement.. They'd all be in jail.

Programmed up my scrolling marquee messeger today. for my trip to wal mart tomorrow

Just shopping, Not staying.    Stop Repeat offenders, Don't re-elect them.

In South Carolina there is a law that states you have to carry your weapon (sword/gun I can't remember) to church in case pirates attack.

When I lived in Klamath Falls, OR, in the 70's it was illegal to kick the heads off of rattle snakes when walking on the board walks.  I believe all the board walks had been replaced by sidewalks by then.

BLAKDUKE said:
One of the southern states has made it illeagel for a man to marry his widows sister.

Come again?  If a man has a widow he's dead.

When I came on the Dept in 1982 in LA, someone could be cited for not having gloves in the glove box of their car. Not sure if that one is still on the books.

I always remember the one my unce told me about when I was a kid: It is illegal in California if you are living in a home across from a cemetary to be buried there.

There was a time way  back when it was illegal for a man to marry his DEAD wife's sister.  Since they then believed that a wife's family was as closely related as were blood relatives. 

Daisy

Yet in the old testament it says that if a man marries, and then dies, his brother should take his widow as wife.

I think one of the questions put to Christ was kind of like the title of a movie.

The movie was 7 Wives for 7 Brothers, but the question had to do with a woman who marrried, then her husband died so she married his brother, and so on  (One wife for seven brothers) and "To whom will she be married when she gets to heaven?"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom