1988 gulfstream sun vista insulation help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi everyone so when i bought my motorhome it had a roof leak and the guy i bought it from didn't care to fix it so i got it cheap but another reason i bought it was everything is new in it. anyway ive tore out the rotten wood and re framed the ceiling and patched/replaced all rotten metal with new metal and using a high quality rubber coating but now that i have all that done and fixed i cant find the insulation that i pulled out of it ,its pink and feels like a hard foam.

also what can i use to mount the foam like what kind of adhesives can i use ,ive done some research and came up with this adhesive its called 3M hi-strength 90 spray adhesive but if theres something better out there ill use it

thanks for any input :D

Would the minimally exspanding foam in a can maybe be an option? :)

um no but thanks i found what i was looking for with the help of my girlfriend its called

foamular 250 by owens corning but i still need to find a strong adhesive to install the insulation

The spray foam is a great adhesive just spray a little on the foam you want to install and press it in place. Wear disposable rubber gloves when doing this or you will find out just how good this stuff works. You can use it to fill up Any voids.
Bill

go to the big box stores and see if they have the styrofoam panels. I used that on the outside of coach to keep stuff from freezing. I comes in various thickness and you can cut it with a utility knife.

Hear is a starting point.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/THDProductCompare?errorURL=ProductAttributeErrorView&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&prodComp_0=100003351&prodComp_1=100029171&prodComp_2=202023037&prodComp_3=203282346&keyword=foam+insulation

Bill

Back
Top Bottom