Jayco Water Leaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokehiker

I have an '05 Eagle 298 BHS.  I had an "L" fitting leak near the H2O heater last year.  That was not such a problem.  I have a H2O leak now forward of the bathroom in what appears to be an inaccessible area.
Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Thanks,

SH

While any rig's plumbing can develop a leak, I cannot say that I have heard of any particular problems with Jaycos. They are generally well thought of by their owners.

Do you live in an area subject to winter freezes and, if so, have you winterized the plumbing carefully?  Leaks that show up early in the season often indicate a pipe or fitting that cracked due to water freezing in the pipe.

SH,

Where exactly is the location of the leak? I'll see if we have that model on the lot and try to determine what it might be. You may have to remove a panel to access it.

Wonder if this unit was storaged during the cold winter and a pipe froze and broke.  It's not normal for Jayco to have these kind of problems, but possible.

I had a bit of a chat with Damon about water issues on my Motor Home

There are a few methods for winterizing a Motor Home or trailer, (Other than engine considerations they are identical)

One is to drain the supply tank, refill with RV anterfreeze and pump it through the lines

On my rig that takes at least 20 gallons of RV anterfreeze because the supply tank won't drain all the way

So, use one of the other methods, which are described in our libraries rather well

Thanks for the help and suggestions.  The unit was properly winterwized. 
The leak I described near the H2O heater was last season and occurred in an "L" in the water line.  The dealer service tech that repaired this told me to take a day and change all of the "L's" & "T's" in the system. 
I purchased some better grade L's and T's and clamps and made these changes. 
After some trouble-shooting, I have found the current leak is most likely occurring in the low point drain located in the bathroom. 

Sh

Back
Top Bottom