oilfield gate guard jobs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerbo

I need some information on oilfield gate guard companys, Location of sites near carrizzo springs Tx.  :)  thanks .....Kerbo

Paul & Ann said:
Here is a good place to start.  http://www.myoldrv.com/?page_id=1884

Paul

I agree.... Andy is a straight shooter and has a pretty level head. That's the first place I would go for that information to avoid all the BS from the company hype.

George

I heard a lot of these folks going out west for these jobs are looking for RV's to take with them to live in! Wonder what RV publications they are looking in?

Scott  :)

If you are moving to Carrizo I recommend getting the AC in tip top shape and tinting all the windows!

Scott-0168 said:
Awnings on all windows too!

Scott  :)

A roll of that Reflectix bubble wrap like a windshield screen is handy too.  All bedroom windows need to be screened with it as well as roof vents.

The water is really horrible around Carrizo as well.

Anyone know anything about PRimo gate co?  ANy idea on wait time for a gate?  IT is time to get back to work.

Anybody want a gate job shoot this lady off an email "Christina Starkey" <[email protected]>,  Super nice tell you about it etc. Her and her hubby do it for a living and are spoke persons for the company. Which I forget the name of right now. Straight shooters.

Although I've never been a gate guard I do drive by them dozens of times per week going in and out of well sites in the Eagle Ford field here in south central Texas.  I can tell you that I can't imagine doing it simply because of the dirt. My wife would get on an airplane and happily head back to Wyoming for the winter if I even suggested parking us on a lease road for the season.

I get the impression that this, Gate Guarding, job is a team sport.
Singles wouldn't be able to really do the 24-7 job correctly..
Is this a true impression?

George

That was my understanding too, but have heard it is each, I suppose it would depend on the company.  At each, and number I heard was $125 then at $250 a day, you might be able to contend with the dust etc, but at 125 a day total, might be just below the tipping point. 

$125/day for 24/7 figures out to $5.21/hour. It may not be hard work but that's pretty low pay.

Don't forget to calculate the free rent and and hookups in the wage figuring. I've been looking at this idea, seems you get a lot of time for fiddling about and tweaking of your rig and stuff, with periods of madness.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsWebster
Back
Top Bottom