Awning cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanks

Looking for awning cover to protect awning when towing , and when it stored from sun . Had one on last 5er it was made out aluminum and it was hinged and wrapped around awning when not in use . If i am describing it accurately can anyone point me in the right direction

It's called a 'weathershield'. Usually sold as part of the whole awning (most typically on acrylic awnings, not usually on vinyl).

If your current awning is Dometic (A&E) brand, give the manufacturer a call, as I think they'll deal directly with you. If nothing else can answer questions. 1-800-544-4881

I think with Carefree, you'd have to go through a dealer for parts. (However, you may be able to use this on whatever brand you have, so definitely ask).

Another avenue is to try an RV salvage yard. They may have one lying around that you could pick up if you live near to one.

Hope this helps!

You can also use vinyl guttering or thin walled PVC.  I used the guttering myself.  Comes in 10' sections and is easy to cut to length.  Available at any "Big Box" store.  Much cheaper also. 

Back
Top Bottom