Campsite Grilling Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After much trial and error, we finally settled on the Thermos Grill-2-Go model with the legs.  Adapted the hose with quick-connects and extensions so I can either use a 1 lb cylinder or connect to the quick-connect on the rig.  Seems to be a slight loss of BTUs when on the rig's gas but not enough to be a problem.  I liked this one since the regulator attaches to the 1 lb bottle and separate gas valves control the flame.  When connected to the rig, the grill regulator is not in the equation.

Use the one that came with the TT.  Hangs from the side, hooks to the gas supply.  Cooks a mean bratwurst. 

Anyone using charcoal briquets in the forest this time of year should be drawn and quartered.  We've lost 1 million plus acres of prime forest in AZ and NM in less than 2 years to wildfires, much of it human caused.  Your infant grandkids won't live long enough to see it grow back fully.  Gas only, please. 

When we bought this coach new, my other half bought a Sunbeam BBQ at WalMart. That thing wouldn't stay lit in the slightest breeze. I gave it away and replaced it with an inexpensive Weber. They no longer show it on their web site, but it's a propane version of their charcoal It's their propane Go-anywhere grill. That was 8 years ago, and it's still going strong. I use an aluminum folding stand (made by Coleman) that I bought 25 years ago.

We have the same Weber grill that I use for BBQ'ing on the stern of our boat. It's about the same age as the other grill, and is also still going strong.

They're inexpensive, but not fancy, and they work great.

Hey Loddy, do you take that one with you when you move on to the next campground?  ;D

Tom - They still have the Go Anywhere propane on the website. It's right here. It's a great little grill. I just happen to know the Weber rep for the 4 Corners area :)

Wendy

Thanks Wendy, I missed that. I'll fix my prior message.

I just happen to know the Weber rep for the 4 Corners area

I understand you let him ride in your motorhome and he lets you ride in his yellow bug  ;D

Tom said:
I understand you let him ride in your motorhome and he lets you ride in his yellow bug  ;D

Exactly. Although there are times on 4WD roads when I'm squeeling like a baby that he regrets letting me ride along :)

JUST LOU

I'm with you guy, but I use Crown Royal.  1 for the meat and 1 for me, 2 for the meat, 1 - 2 for me, 3 for the meat....  well you get the idea. 

Jan is grilling right now for us over charcoal.
Denmarc, stop out to the beach and cook over our stand up fire ring. It sits about table height and 4' from the picnic table.

It seems that the Weber Q is quite popular.  I think if the Coleman Roadtrip wears out eventually I'll go with the Q the next time around.  I may go with it anyhow just to have another option.

Has anyone used there Weber Q to put a pot or fry pan on?  Did it kick out enough heat?  For boiling liquids for pasta, veggie's, corn, etc., we'll use the stove top inside.  Very little mess and pretty clean steam.  We prefer to do the greasier frying outside for the mess it creates.

I do love doing Bratwurst on the grill.  Produces enough smoke to keep the mosquitos at bay for 30 square miles.  I'm waiting to throw some Johnsonville brats on and have an aerial tanker drop a load of slurry on my campsite.  :)

You're right on, Wolf Pack........ The DW "dictates" that certain foods MUST be cooked outside (either on the grill or portable stove)  like fried bacon (OK to bake inside ONLY in the oven), fried/baked/poached/broiled fish of ANY kind, and microwave popcorn (Yes, I have a small/cheap microwave that I keep in the belly)........... Come to think about it, ALL fried meats/fowl/fish/sausages/pork/beef should be cooked outside according to DW......... She thinks its OK to cook sandwiches and salad INSIDE.......

Well, I picked up my new Weber Baby Q last night !! Q100, $139 out the door. Got the adapter hose also to attach to 20lb tank . Thank you all !!!! Off to Maine in the morning. Thanks again.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find that deal, $139 with the hose???

$139 out the door for grill only, hose was $19.99. ( Place called Whitco , Spencer, Mass ) Guy's name is Bill.

Tom said:
Hey Loddy, do you take that one with you when you move on to the next campground?  ;D

I don't think the camp operators would be pleased  ;D but I'am looking for a fire ring

We use a drum from a washing machine for a fire pit.  We actually have 2, a large one from a household washing machine and a smaller one from a Splendide.

Lody, I meant to comment on your steaks yesterday but forgot to. Those bad boys look GOOOOOOD !!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom