Looking for Linksys WPC54G ver. 1 or 1.2 adapter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
If you have one of the above adapter cards and would like to sell it, I can use it.  My new Prismiq won't work with my WPC54G ver. 2 adapter.

Fred,

I can only use one if it's a version 1 or 1.2.  Check the version number on the card and let me know.

Ned:  Not sure I can tell what version the card is.  The FCC ID: is PKW-WPC45G-2.  The IC is 3839A-WPC54GV1.  The Model Id is just WPC54G.  The software disk is 2.4ghz setup wizard ver 1.1.  Don't know how a Version number would appear on the unit or box.

Fred,

On the back of the card, near the top, is the model number.  Right after the WPC54G is the version.

Ned:  Just WPC54G on the back of the card near the top center.  The only other number where there is an additional digit is the FCC number as I mentioned in the previous post.  I can mail these to you if you want??

Fred,

Ok, it's a good chance that those are ver. 1 cards.  We'll be in Yuma near George next week.  If you can send them out today to him, that would be great.  If I can use one of them I'll return the other.  We'll be in Yuma from tomorrow until the following Friday.

I will see if Daisy has George and Pams snail mail address and if not will call them today.  I don't want them.  Use a remote antenna on one laptop and the other has a built in system.  The Toshiba [big screen one] is getting a new hard drive today.  It fried.

Fred,

Ok, thanks.  If for any reason I can't use either one, I'll see that they get good homes :)

What happened to the drive in the Toshiba?  A drive failure on that new a drive is almost unheard of today barring physical stress (like hitting it with a hammer :) ).

Ned

I use a cheap Belkin 54G that I picked up from Staples. My Orinico(sp) Gold also works. The Prismiqs work best if you can hardwire them from a router/access point.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

If neither of the Linksys adapters from Fred works, then I'll pick up something locally.  The only Orinoco card I have left is a silver, and it's only 802.11b.  Not fast enough.  I much prefer the wireless as I hate having cables running all over the coach :)  I don't plan on streaming video, just slideshows and occasional music.

Ned

>> I much prefer the wireless as I hate having cables running all over the coach<<

They are not supposed to be visable...you route them so they are hidden.<G> I hate anything wireless...crappy quality & too many compromises.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Terry A. Brewer said:
They are not supposed to be visable...you route them so they are hidden.<G> I hate anything wireless...crappy quality & too many compromises.

I could hide the cable, then I'd have a bundle of hidden cables.  I prefer the minimalist approach :)  Wireless works fine, you just have to configure it properly and buy good quality equipment.  Rule one is don't mix manufacturers.

Thanks, Fred.  I'll let you know how they work out.

Ned

>>Wireless works fine, you just have to configure it properly and buy good quality equipment.? Rule one is don't mix manufacturers.<<

You got to be kidding.<G>? Compare cellular to landline, wireless headphones to wired, wireless networks to wired, They never work as well or as stable. People just put up with their substandard performance because it's easier for them to install. How many hours are wasted trying to set up wireless networks & look at all the constant problems we have just trying to get people connected to our sat networks.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Terry A. Brewer said:
Ned

>>Wireless works fine, you just have to configure it properly and buy good quality equipment.? Rule one is don't mix manufacturers.<<

You got to be kidding.<G>? Compare cellular to landline, wireless headphones to wired, wireless networks to wired, They never work as well or as stable. People just put up with their substandard performance because it's easier for them to install. How many hours are wasted trying to set up wireless networks & look at all the constant problems we have just trying to get people connected to our sat networks.
Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Its magic Terry and if you don't have the touch to make magic you have problems. ;D ;D ;D Unless of course Ned helps by making the magic work. ;D

And all those wires :)  Time to put away the punchdown tool and let yourself be free.  Will you string the Cat-5 for the rallies and host the Cisco hardware?

Remember, it's all FM :D

Back
Top Bottom