08 bounder slideout issue....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2KViggen

Hello, we are on our way home from vacation and are experiencing slide out troubles.  It started when we left hone, the main slide out which moved a j sofa, u dinette and fridge in has to slide/pivot up before it moves in.  It doesn't want to come in
... moves to the lip where it has to lift up the alideand juststops?. Any suggestions on what to do? It's fully electric

And for probably the 10th + tine the leveling jacksarent working.  Display states they aren't retracted but it looks like they ate.

Sorry if there are to many typo's, using my phone to post.

I get  the same thing on my leveling jacks. I used silicone on the jacks after I cleaned the rams and it cured the problem for awhile. I have used a hammer on the feet of the jacks to clear the problem also. Today I drove with the alarm going off and it quit after about 10 miles. On your slide, if you can get some help to push on the sllide while trying to retract you might get it in.

One.    Check the oil level in the ''jacks'' if they are hydrolic........
Two..  Carry a can of WD-40 to clean the ''jack stems'' before trying to raise the jacks.
Three....Carry a can of ''white lube'' to spray on the jack stems after cleaning them with WD-40.
Four.....  Keep a long ''pinch pole'' in your side compartment if possible.  You can use this to manually ''raise the jack'' if necessary.  Use the pinch pole and some leveling blocks and have DW push the button to raise the jacks while you ''throw some weight'' on the pinch pole to help life the jacks....

As to the slide out.
For the last ten years I have always ''helped'' the slide outs by pushing on them when they go out or are brought back into the coach.  People me that ''this is not necessary'' but, after I re engineered the back slide mech. I have had no trouble with the slide outs on my Pace Arrow.
Good luck....

All this valuable information will cost you ten cents (cheap) and you can pay me the next time you see me.....

If you think it is hot here....... Go over to the sandbox with our troops.....  When you see them THANK THEM for their service......cj....

Thanks for the info.....we are a little worried about using them on this trip since they have been nothing but a headache.  When we purchased the rv they failed when they were showing the rv to us, fixed.... 4 weeks later they stayed down on us the first time we used the on a 4 week trip out west...... Supposedly fixed...... Going to leave for our honeymoon and they wouldn't go up.  Spent some time raising them manually then 1 hr later as we drive through Cincinnati one of the racks went to the ground at highway speeds..... In a construction zone.  Feet wood replaced everything..... They were showing us as we picked it up that it worked and one of the rear jacks extended completely causing the rv to bend/flex etc.  this trip they look like they are up completely but the display says otherwise.  If I hit on then off the beeping stops so I don't have to listen to it......  The jacks are electric

I haven't wd'd it and put white grease, I have some with me that I use for my jeeps towing stuff...... I will give it a spray down.

With the slide yea it's always been slow when it goes over that first lip.  My wife's parents are at a fleet wood convention and we asked them to ask a tech for us. 

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom