100 amp breaker location for slide out and jack hydraulics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob Swanson

I have 2000 Gulf Stream Conquest with a Dewald Hydraulic leveling system parked at the campground. The slide is out and one jack is down. I think I popped the breaker running the jacks too much. I'm trying to find the 100 amp breaker for the hydraulic jacks. I looked under the hood, the fuse box under the dash and by the power converter. I cannot find anything 100 amps. Any ideas where else to look or what the thing might look like?

Rob Swanson
Pierre, SD

I think he is looking for a 100AMP 12 Volt DC breaker. THe pump for our slides is on an 80 AMP breaker, but if we had Hydraulic Jack the schematic say ours would be 125AMP breaker.

This type of high current breaker is normally located near the coach batteries on the main 12volt distribution center.

Try looking for a fuse holder like the one in this picture.  My jacks are made by HWH and the HWH 12V fuse that melted the fuse holder shown in this picture was a 40 amp fuse.  These fuses are located in the front by the hydraulic pump, but ours is a DP.  I would think you would have fuses that look somewhat similar.

Attachments

• P1060750 Compressed.jpg
    P1060750 Compressed.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the ideas, the service guide calls it a 100 amp breaker, I'll look at the places suggested. I'm in the campsite for a week and hope to have it fixed quick.

Just remember that a blown fuse is usually the result of a larger problem down the line. Just replacing the fuse may result in yet another blown fuse, especially a large fuse like that.

Be prepared for that.

A 100 amp breaker would have to be in the circuit on very large wire....battery cable size. As Ken suggested, check at the main 12volt distribution center

The breaker for the hydraulic slide on my Bounder is located on a metal upright very near the BCC.

I suspect the breaker that you are looking for will look something like the attached.

Attachments

• manual reset CB.jpg
    manual reset CB.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 38
And the slides and jacks  often bypass the usual 12v distribution panel and have their own independent circuit, but it has to be near the batteries, or at least a major feed cable from the batteries, to do any good.

Thanks for the suggestions, I used the link supplied by Stu to download a users manual. I manually raised the jacks and closed the slide. Now that I am home and the temperature is below 100 I'll continue to look for the breaker.

Rob Swanson
Pierre, SD

After tracking cables, checking power here and there and also learning quite a bit about the slide and jack system, I found the relay. A simple push of a button and everything works again. Thank you to everyone that responded, your suggestions are much appreciated.

Hello, I have a Gulfstream Sun Voyager, I seem to have lost all power at the pump. Where was this relay found?

charroyv said:
Hello, I have a Gulfstream Sun Voyager, I seem to have lost all power at the pump. Where was this relay found?

The original poster hasn't been back since August of 2012. You may be able to send them a PM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom