Coach-Net, Gold or Platinum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99WinAdventurer37G

My question is if I just get the gold, will they leave my trailer behind? or will they tow the whole unit?  If all the extra the platinum covers is flat repair on the trailer, I can do that myself before they could get there.

** full explaination & question**

I went to inspect my "new to me" unit today, the 99 I listed in my tag line.  All went well, the pump that operates the slide, and the pump that operates the feet both had oil on them (not much, just enough to attract dirt), as well as what looked like a solenoid under the drivers compartment.  I knew they wouldn't replace those, but I had to ask, it was still better than any unit I've seen in the last 6 months of determined searching.  I'll have to look at it again later, then post pics to see what people think I should do with the areas.  Over all it looked great, everything either worked or they fixed it, a little oil doesn't get it replaced though.  It didn't shift until 4,000 rpm's that seemed high to me, but I remember reading on here, if it revs higher, it does the hills better, it settled down to 2500 rpms at 60mph.  I got my insurance, but didn't want to drive it away until I had my CoachNet in place.  But when I got on the site, it gave me a choice, I was tempted to go for the platinum as I will be pulling a small trailer with my Motorcycle.  I've read too many stories on here about what I wanted to do; put a lift on the back and drive the bike onto that, a 750lb bike = one bad idea on a gasser.  So, I decided to buy a light folding motorcycle trailer, 290lbs.  My box trailer is too big, heavy and not needed.  I don't want my Ram Full size crew cab PU loaded with my bike as it is too heavy and I really only want the bike. 
So my question is; if I just get the gold, will they leave my trailer behind? or will they tow the whole unit?  If all the extra on the platinum covers is flat repair, I can do that myself before they could get there.  The platinum adds trailer insurance, and insurance if I should decide to pull my other unit (19 ft prowler travel trailer that was delivered to me there at the farm, I've never pulled it.) back to FTW for anything. What about that emergency and medical assistance, anybody ever have to use that or even know what it it?
Anyway, the dealer said I could leave it there and PU the unit on the 4th if I like, so tonight I have to decide on Gold or Platinum then PU my new toy in the morning.  Suggestions? 

And thanks again everyone for all ya'll have done over the years to help others here.  I've learned a lot from articles written over 5 years ago.  Since I signed the papers on this thing, I joined then I've poured over this site, read most of the library, used the motor home checklist, and have really enjoyed learning all these new things.  Thanks!

go for the platinum- and enjoy the ride.
wife got locked out of sons vehicle- they came unlocked and left- best service ever

Call CoachNet and ask them your questions, that's the only authoritative source.

With respect to all I have Allstate Road Service  ''Premium plan'' and I love it ... I have been with them for many years and have never had a problem.  The way mine works is that they will tow my coach to the nearest ''authorized dealer'' that will fix motor homes regardless of the distance .    This is true if we are out of the United States.  We have unlimited call requests.  Some services limit you to two or three service calls per 12 month period.  With Allstate there is no limit.  The service covers anything that I drive including motor cycles, trucks, autos, etc etc etc and it covers vehicles that are not mine but I am driving with the owners authorization.  I would recomend this to anyone looking for road service program for your Motor Home.....
Remember, this is just my opinion and yours may differ ......cj....

Lets show the colors on the fourth of July ..........God bless America and keep her free.......

Locksmith service is included with CN-Gold. Platinum adds, among other things, medical evacuation. For my needs, Gold was adequate. As Ned said, call CN and get the true scoop direct from the source.

Update; I signed up for the Platinum. I couldn't get anyone from Coachnet, office was closed.  So I just signed up, got a membership number so I'm ready to go.  And when I got home from the dealership I saw on Craigslist a "trailer in a bag"  which is the lightest weight trailer I know of; 140 lbs, and can handle up to 2,000 lbs, my bike is 750lbs.  Then at a CG I can store the trailer in the underfloor storage compartments.  That way I don't have to think about it, move it, etc..  With a 37.5 foot unit, a tow bill would probably be like one of my trucks, so I'll enjoy the trip more with them in my pocket.  A friend is going to take me down to the dealer in the morning to pick it up, then I will load it up here, then take it out to my place in the country to enjoy, relax, sit back.  Ahhhh...

I just joined after calling them and asking essentially the same question and The Gold covers your trailer also. I took the Platinum membership for just a few dollars more it had some additional benefits.

We use Gold. It has everything we feel we need, for both coach and car. If you look at the comparison chart on their website (nmc.com), you can see if the Platinum has extras that are valuable to you. There isn't a great deal of difference.

Back
Top Bottom