CR-V wiring question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2dalake

I'm wiring up the new 2012 CR-V for toad use and have a question.  I'm not using add-a-bulb and am going with diodes and tying into the existing lights.  My coach has separate amber turn signals and so does the CR-V so I had planned to wire for LT, RT, running lights and a separate wire for stop lights.  However, I have a wrinkle that has me confused. 

My Air Force One braking system is proportional so it compresses the brake pedal in the toad whenever I use the coach brakes.  This, of course, activiates the toad's brake lights.  So, I am thinking I really don't need to run a separate brake wire from the coach wiring since my toad brake lights are going to come on whenever I use the air brakes.  However, if I don't run a separate brake circuit from the coach, I won't have hazard lights on the toad if I activate the 4 -ways in the coach. 

So my question...if I cut into the toad brake bulb wire and add a diode with both the toad's and the coach's 12v inputs, will I get 24 v to the bulb when I hit the brakes (since both the coach and the toad will be sending separate 12v currents to the diode simultaneously)?

5 years ago when I wired up the Explorer, I think I may have had the same concern and that is why I did the add-a-bulb.  When I hit the brakes, both my added bulb lit along with the toad's existing brake lights. 

Back
Top Bottom