EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Insurance for full-timers  (Read 2008 times)

davem1958

• ---
Insurance for full-timers
« on: June 07, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »
I'm about 6 months into my first year of RVing, and I'm full-time.  My dealer sold me a policy that specifically excludes full-timers (his advice -- "just don't tell them"), so I'm thinking it's time to fess up.  What insurance companies offer full-time?  I'm currently with Progressive, so I'll call them first.

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: Insurance for full-timers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 09:43:36 PM »
Do change insurers as quickly as you can.  If you have a claim and your policy excludes fulltime use, you will be stuck with no coverage.  We have been pleased with RV Explorer Insurance.

Robert N. Isbell
RV Specialty Agent
ExplorerRV Insurance Agency, Inc.
PO Box 568; Richfield, OH 44286
bob.isbell@explorerrv.com
(888) 774-6778 phone
(330) 659-6687 fax

Rule no. 1, don't believe anything a dealer tells you.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Insurance for full-timers
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 11:18:10 PM »
I'm about 6 months into my first year of RVing, and I'm full-time.  My dealer sold me a policy that specifically excludes full-timers (his advice -- "just don't tell them"), so I'm thinking it's time to fess up.  What insurance companies offer full-time?  I'm currently with Progressive, so I'll call them first.

I'm not sure if you mean your RV dealer sold you your insurance but if so I would find a good insurance broker with experience with RV's.

Progressive offers Full Timer's insurance at approx $250-$300 additional annual premium.

Hosted by Over The Network