Insurance for full-timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davem1958

I'm about 6 months into my first year of RVing, and I'm full-time.  My dealer sold me a policy that specifically excludes full-timers (his advice -- "just don't tell them"), so I'm thinking it's time to fess up.  What insurance companies offer full-time?  I'm currently with Progressive, so I'll call them first.

Do change insurers as quickly as you can.  If you have a claim and your policy excludes fulltime use, you will be stuck with no coverage.  We have been pleased with RV Explorer Insurance.

Robert N. Isbell
RV Specialty Agent
ExplorerRV Insurance Agency, Inc.
PO Box 568; Richfield, OH 44286
[email protected]
(888) 774-6778 phone
(330) 659-6687 fax

Rule no. 1, don't believe anything a dealer tells you.

davem1958 said:
I'm about 6 months into my first year of RVing, and I'm full-time.  My dealer sold me a policy that specifically excludes full-timers (his advice -- "just don't tell them"), so I'm thinking it's time to fess up.  What insurance companies offer full-time?  I'm currently with Progressive, so I'll call them first.

I'm not sure if you mean your RV dealer sold you your insurance but if so I would find a good insurance broker with experience with RV's.

Progressive offers Full Timer's insurance at approx $250-$300 additional annual premium.

Back
Top Bottom