Loaded up, 8 hours later than planned, first trip out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

99WinAdventurer37G

Well, after a comedy of errors, I'm finally loaded up and ready to go on my first trip.  First I thought I broke my fridge, but today when I pulled it out of the driveway, I found all is well.  Not only is this my first trip with my "new to me" Adventurer, but also a "trailer in a bag" motorcycle trailer, total weight 150 lbs.  When I was loading the bike, I didn't realize the trailer lights should not be put on until after the bike is loaded.  So loading my bike, my highway bars smashed the tail lights so I had an opportunity to replace them with LED lights.  I like those better anyway.  Also, after that, I tried again to load the bike and the Condor front wheel chock was set to far forward, so it shot me right back off of the trailer and I got the opportunity to put those highway bars to full use.  The only injury I suffered was to my ego, and a small scratch to my highway bars, otherwise the bike, and my body escaped unscathed.  I've gone through the check list, and took note of anothers' comment to keep a note pad and pen handy to write down all those things I forgot, even with the list.  I'll rest up a little then get rolling, the good news is; I know where the Walmart and Sams Clubs are on my trip.  My plan is to visit a couple of cities, eat at a few seafood restaurants along the way in LA, then back to TX to my farm for a while, then I've got a covered parking space close to my farm to keep the unit until I get my shop built.  All this while learning about my new Adventurer.  Then ride the bike back to the house.  Through it all, I see that I found the right home for me, as this certainly is already turning out to be an Adventure!

Attachments

• Bike Loaded.jpg
    Bike Loaded.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Bike finally loaded on my Trailer in a bag.jpg
    Bike finally loaded on my Trailer in a bag.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 70
Well don?t beat yourself up too bad over it as we have all been there and learned some things the hard way. It?s just the nature of the beast I guess. You have a nice looking rig and a nice setup with the trailer.
I use the 18? enclosed because I have to haul more than one but sure wish I had something that small sometimes.
If this is your first haul be real careful with your ratchet straps. As the bike gets to rocking it has a tendency to chew on straps and the straps chew on anything they touch (like paint). They will even scuff chrome at times. On the customs I use a soft liner that goes around the strap where it touches the bike, then I double strap in case one shreds.
Looks like you?re ready for anything, have a good time!

We picked up our 2001 Adventurer 32V back in February in Florida.
Drove it back to Pa. and we love the Winnebago engineering.
Just a few things to check out:
We put on 6 new "truck" tires for safety reasons.  The tires may have been original.
I had to replace the original rear stabilizer bar bushings with the firmer neoprene.  The originals were totally decomposed.  I expect it to ride a lot more firm now.
Also had to replace the Motoraid heat exchanger/blower ... the fan gage "moved" slightly on the shaft, made contact with the housing and began to blow fuses.  Dealer paid half of the unit cost.  I did the installation.  In this unit, the Motoraid is behind the water heater in a very small compartment...you take it from there. (This is the kind of job that you want to do only once in a lifetime.) 
Also changed the Transmission fluid, engine oil/filter and generator oil/filter.
That should take of the important PM tasks. 

Everything else is in excellent condition...we plan on a local camping trip next week.
I want to be sure all systems function before the winter trip to Florida.

I hope that you enjoy your unit as much as we enjoy ours.

Back
Top Bottom