$4000 for shipping to CA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smack saw

I am being told by the dealer that it can cost $4000 to ship a trailer to California hence the higher MSRP?

Thoughts?

Here is what I am looking at:

Its a 2012 with 2013s already on other lots, I am thinking regardless of what they say MSRP is, 25K is a fair price for this thing?  What do you all think?

Folks on here are saying up to 35% off for a 2012 model.  Based on that I am thinking 24-25K is a fair price for this rig?  Am i the one that's nuts?

If in fact other dealers will sell this for 30% off 27k you should be able to buy it for somewhere around 21k so 25 sound high to me.

If the trailer is made on the east coast and shipped to CA, then maybe. Just "maybe". It's easy enough to verify where it is made, but my money says it ois probably made in CA or somewhere near the West Coast.Transport charges would be $500-$800.

Based on another thread....
I think he is speaking of a Jayco.
They are built in Indiana as far as I know.

It is about 2,000 miles so not sure....

It really does not matter if it is 2012 or 2013, 30% off MSRP is a fair deal, the dealer will still make money and you will save a few grand. In the end, if you feel it's a fair deal, it's a fair deal. end of story.

Steve

Consider this.........  IF it is a ''trailer'' you should have a way to pull the thing.  Ask the dealer to tell you ''where it is'' and go get it.  You should be able to make the trip across country for a lot less than four grand and you can ''vacation'' your way back across the good old USA in your new trailer and break it in and find out all the little ''thingies'' that need fixing when you get back to Calif.
Just my opinion and others may differ ...

If you use this great idea you must pay me ten cents the next time you see me 'cause good ideas aint cheap................

See a vet..... Say Thank you for your service.........  They like that.......I know,,,, I'm a vet....cj

I have to agree with Seajay. Shop some out of state dealers too. tI may be well worth the vacation to go get it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom