1983 coachman 24' floor issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rockstar123

Hello there I have a 1983 coachman camper/trailer I just went in to clean out and notice soft spot. I took up the two layers of floor tiles some of the wood(think its wood) is rotted and weak where there is a hole I notice there is foam material underneath the entire floor. Looking for tips/advice on fixing and replacing floor. Thank you for any help can send my way

You will need to first find why it is soft.  Most often a water leak!
Fix the leak and then proceed to fix the soft spot.

To fix it,  You will need to cut out all the soft and swollen wood and replace with good plywood or Wafer board(OSB).  Then replace the flooring as needed.

Good Luck!!!

Fixed the leak was a line to hot water tank. So after remove swollen wet wood put new wood or OSB down ontop of the foam that's underneath it?

Rockstar123 said:
Fixed the leak was a line to hot water tank. So after remove swollen wet wood put new wood or OSB down ontop of the foam that's underneath it?

That will be fine as long as it is dry.
If you can get to the foam underneath?  Im sure you can get a can or two and touch up any places that may need to be removed etc. due to the moisture or construction process.

Rockstar123 said:
The spray foam in can to touch up anywhere that has hole? Thank you for info very helpful

Yes,  If you have to remove some as it is wet or damage any while doing the other repairs.

Now would be a good time to consider replacing the entire floor with what ever you may like.
I did this and used a product much like the Allure Vinyl planks that stick together.

Best of luck.

Yeah a complete floor change is happening because when taking up area that needs repair the entire 1983 lanolium floor came up so doing all now, beats going back later on. Thank you again advice saved a big headache and possible wrong decisions

Your welcome,

Share the wealth with others later,  Thats what these boards are all about.

Please do share the before and afters!

I was thinking of putting cork flooring down with heat underneath it has anyone done this or knows if can be done? Trying to post pics but won't let me from phone. Will once get on computer

Lots of radiant heat options. You can search on the mats or wait till route66 gives a disertation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom