1st Fishing Trip in 20+ years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Campfire RV

We camped out at the Auxillary Dam campground on Lake Isabella, CA over the weekend for camping and fishing. I haven't been fishing since a couple days before I attended boot camp in the Navy 20+ years ago. This fishing trip was arranged for the kids in the community to get them involved with camping and fishing to help keep them away from drugs, alcohol and off the streets. We had 12 kids ranging from 3-14 y/o attended and everyone had a wonderful time.

It was already getting hot when I went out on the boat with my wife and daughter to fish and it took 5 minutes before we had our first bite. My daughter wanted to help reel it in and we finally pulled it in and it was a nice salmon. This was the first salmon I have ever caught before and it helped forget about the heat for a while as well. We grilled in on the campfire that night and it just tasted so good, I told my wife I'm not buying salmon at the store anymore, we are going fishing more now that we have the motorhome and eat fresh salmon. Now I have to talk my wife into allowing me to purchase a decent fishing boat. 8)

Attachments

• Fishing.jpg
    Fishing.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asteg1000
Back
Top Bottom