'99 Coleman/Fleetwood Santee - cracks in main front and back housings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Howitzer

We just bought a '99 Coleman/Fleetwood Santee that has numerous cracks (some longer, some shorter) in the front and back housing/cowling (I'm not sure what to call it)... What is this housing made of?  ABS?  Other plastic type material?  See attached photos...

1.  I was thinking about coating the interior side of these numerous cracks with resin and and fiberglass cloth...
2.  Should I drill a little hole at the very end of each crack to prevent further cracking (like some people do for cracks in snowmobile hoods)? 
3.  How should I finish off the exterior side of these panels to fill these cracks?

Any advice/suggestions/comments would be appreciated, thanks!

Howitzer

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 30
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 19
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 19
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 10
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 15
All,
I talk to my local plastic supply company who was able to fix a "large" crack in my 1998 Coleman grandview. Basically they used a plastic adhesive along with a white plastic piece to connect pieces together that melted the plastic back together. It will appear whiter then the rest of the fix.

It cost me about 60 dollars but the whiteness has started to "fade" over the summer.

Good Luck,
Chris

IF it is ABS,Fiberglass kits will not work/stick. I used a Kayak repair kit to do my Starcraft cap.

Skip

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom