Update on the Godwards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Godward

Pat is doing great and is far beyond where the surgeon thought she would be.  There is only minor pain left in one arm on the top side.  They say even that may go away in time.  They told us that if it was still there in 12 to 18 months, it would probably never go away.  Here is hoping!!!

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago tomorrow, Tuesday, and am back to the gym and doing my therapy exercises.  Started last Monday and induced some pain but it goes away the further from the day of exercise.  Today was a good day and no serious increase in pain after the workout. Today is also the first day I started doing the things that should have been done over the last year.

I guess that means we both are well on our way to being back to normal, whatever that is at our ages.  G

We are heading west to Portland in August and hopefully we will be at the Tucson rally for New years.  It will be great to use the MH again

Really great news Jim, Don't get in a hurry with the PT. It just takes time to heal and get your strength back. Even better news on your "Driver" Hope to see you guys this winter.

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

Good news for you both Jim. Congratulations.

Brenda and I send our best wishes. I'm trying to talk her to go to Q just once

Jim,

Coming off a new knee in February, I can appreciate the journey back to "normal". It was not fun when I started, but hiking on the trails of the Oregon coast and on the beach without issue now really makes the work pay for itself.

We'll be just a couple miles north of Portland after this week in Woodland, WA, and will watch for you and Pat to hit the Portland area. We'll enjoy visiting again!

Always glad to hear promising medical news!

Kim

The power of prayer.  Great news and I hope this means you can make that trip east one day, and we can meet.

Just Lou said:
The power of prayer.  Great news and I hope this means you can make that trip east one day, and we can meet.

I have 3 grand kids in VA and we have not been back there in 3 years.  Add the great grand daughter in IL and the pressure is on!!  I want to do the barrier islands again and on down to FL for framily and also family.  Should be sometime next year as SWMBO will schedule.  :)

Thanks all, it has been a long trail.

Much longer than I knew.  It appears that some of my walking problems, knee issues, were not knees but were a result of my back issues.  Yesterday I walked about 2 blocks on rough ground.  It has been many years since I could do that so here's hoping that I can get back to some hiking.

Kim, we will be in Portland about Aug 15 at the Columbia River RV Park for about 3 weeks so there should be ample time to meet up.

Thanks for sharing Pat and your good news! 

Our current plans would have us near Portland during your last week there.  We'll keep in touch and try to make a mini-rally happen!

Keep up the good recovery!

Don and Mary Ann

Jim Godward said:
That ain't gonna happen!!

Good to hear you say that.  Us "oldies but goodies" have earned some perks over the years.  ;D  So happy to hear you and Pat are both recovering nicely.

Margi

Great news on your and Pat's successful healing processes.  Hope to see you next winter.

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom