OMG!! I'm getting old!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wgb1

Just signed up for AARP today to get a discount on my auto and homeowners insurance. Just the process of signing up for AARP makes it seem like doomsday is near. LOL Does it get worse from this point forward? I really don't feel old. I suppose turning 50 does have its benefits. Hopefully there will be many more good years left.  ;)

Happy RVing!!

I hate it when young whipper-snappers like you talk about getting old.

It's all in the mind, we too having the time of our lives

Old age is simply a state of mind.......... brought on by sagging muscles, aching joints, pot guts, wrinkles, gray hair along with a loss of hearing, eye-sight and memory.

Hey Lou,
I've still got 13 years before I sign up for AARP but the grey hair, aching joints, wrinkles, and memory loss are coming on with a vengence!  I should have that whole list knocked out by by 40.  What an over acheiver I am!  :(

Jeff

jeffbrown said:
Hey Lou,
I've still got 13 years before I sign up for AARP but the grey hair, aching joints, wrinkles, and memory loss are coming on with a vengence!  I should have that whole list knocked out by by 40.  What an over acheiver I am!  :(

Jeff

I've got socks older than you are. ;) :)

I got a pocket knife older than you. 

We are losing WW2 vets at the rate of 1000 per month average.  Be sure to tell one of them THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE....... cj ....

We have a neighbor who says that "growing old gracefully" must have been penned by a youngster.  She says that she is growing old, kicking and scratching every step of the way.  It's not for sissies.

Seajay,
I've got a pocket knife older than me too by the way.  Grand Pappies Schweizer Offiziersmesser, which he brought home from WWII with him.  (WWII era Victorinox.) My cousin has his Utility/Fighting knife often reffered to in modern lingo as the Ka-Bar.

Jeff

Well, I really only feel 35 so I suppose that is good. I think in a lot of ways age is just a state of mind. Looking forward to retirement and traveling all over. That is the highlight of aging, correct? It just makes it hit closer to home when signing up for what I have always considered old folks benefits.  ;D

Actually, getting old has been a blast.  It's being old that really sucks.

Just Lou said:
Old age is simply a state of mind.......... brought on by sagging muscles, aching joints, pot guts, wrinkles, gray hair along with a loss of hearing, eye-sight and memory.

Speak for yourself, I'm as handsome as ever, Just ask my dog.

My dad turns 82 today, he doesn't call it old, he calls it experience. He drives, and is involved in many new things now.  Although he says retirement is not as easy as I think, he doesn't get holidays, weekends off, or even vacation. He keeps going just like the energizer bunny.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom