2000 International w/MT 643 Trans - Won't shift after after trans warms up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harley Davidson

Good Afternoon,
I have a 2000 International 4700 with a DT 466 engine and a MT 643 transmission. The four speed trans shifts normally when starting unit cold however; once the unit is driven approximately 20 - 30 minutes (in stop and go traffic) the transmission stops shifting automatically. I have tried manually shifting without success. Fuel filters of the DT 466 have been changed, the TPS was replace due to readings out of range. This unit was operating fine until a trip to Orlando and back in which I noticed a decrease in overall roadway speed. I exited I-95 and the trans would not shift out of second gear (approx 35 MPH). Fluid does not smell burnt and is at the correct level with engine warm. New batteries and an alternator were replaced about 1 week before this occurred. Trans appears to have an electronic modulator valve. Governor seems to be working as it shifts fine from a cold start.

Does anyone have any ideas that may be causing this problem?

Thank you in advance for any comments or recommendations!

Good Afternoon,
The shift problem has been resolve! We found the governor filter in the transmission was restricted. We also removed governor to check proper function of weights and piston. Test drove approximately 40 miles without further complication.

Thanks to everyone that viewed the post.

Thanks for the follow up. I couldn't help but I have the same tranny and like to gather as much info as I run across, which is very little. :(

Back
Top Bottom