Another member of the broken down brigade...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy
We are a 5 hour drive away.  The temps will not require AC to be used.  We w ould come down to see you guys, but it is 109 in Ogden! 

Dang you guys are all giving me the willies...

Then again, 3 weeks ago our trip from Jackson back here in the Westy was a tow.  Fuel filter fixed it.  Then last weekend I had a short in the house battery cabling (Westy) and the insulation burned off, glad we were right there, cot the cable pulled quickly so the whole van didn't go up in smoke.

I only bring this up to hopefully fend off the evil juju going around. 

Well, I called the shop and found that even if towed in today they would not be able to work on the coach until "early next week". No sense just sitting in the garage parking lot (they are not a n RV facility) for the weekend and running the generator , so I cancelled the tow. Have found a garage near here that is willing to come to the park on Monday to try to fix. They have a very good rep locally and supposedly have experience with HDT's & MDT's and motorhomes, so hope they can figure this one out. Meanwhile I will keep snooping myself.

Gary,

In my rig there are also a couple of 10 amp fuses in the automotive fuse box that control the electronic shifter impulses to the trans. Do you have any such fuses?

If I do, I haven't found them yet. I did find two 10A fuses associated with the tranny that say "battery" and "ignition sense" and those are both ok.

Since my problem started out as an intermittent, I doubt if it's a fuse. Not 100% sure, but doubtful.

Gosh, you're all making me scared to leave home!!!!  We're leaving next Monday for a two week trip to the airshow at Oshkosh.  We're not taking the trailer on this trip because of too many miles in too short of a time.  We've got to be back for so Betty can see about having a cateract removed.  Maybe her eye will take care of our bad luck for now :-\.

Not to completly hi-jack the thread but what model Michelin tire went bad.  I have to get a complete set(six tires) because the date codes are waaaaayyyyyy past due and the only thing I can get here is Michelin.  I think the entire state of tenn. is owned by Michelin.

All I can get is XRV's.  This set was bought in 2005 and still has great tread, but that dang date code is making me nervous.  All the discussion on another thread that I started about tires, make me very nervous about Michelin XRV's.  There was a shop in Huntsville that had, I think Goodrich, but that is a whole othere kettle of fish.  The dealer in Columbus GA. could get me Hankooks for 1K less but that is a 600 mile round trip.  So what to do, what to do????

Gery hope you make out o.k.

The tire that showed the problem was an XZA2 Energy in the 275/70R22.5J size, probably larger than you will need.

Ned:

Purcells told me the XZA3+ replaced the XZA2 because they were "coming apart".

Ned,

They don't make a 275/70R22.5 in the XZA 3.

Last month I bought 2 XZA 2's for the front of my MH. The Goodyears that caome with the MH were not too old, but developed river wear and needed to be replaced.

I had good luck with Michelins in the past, hopefully these will be good.

ken

Gary, what about the connector right at the back of the shift pad, can you get to that or have you already been there?

There are now plenty of web sites on the internet that sell tires and ship- some for free , could this be an option that would work?

Ken & Sheila said:
Ned,

They don't make a 275/70R22.5 in the XZA 3.

Last month I bought 2 XZA 2's for the front of my MH. The Goodyears that caome with the MH were not too old, but developed river wear and needed to be replaced.

I had good luck with Michelins in the past, hopefully these will be good.

ken

Whoops!

We have 275/80R22.5.

Gary, what about the connector right at the back of the shift pad, can you get to that or have you already been there?

Been in there and it is connected as it should be, but will be going back in for a more indepth look today or tomorrow.

TJ Copeland, of Copeland's Garage in Warren, ME, arrived here at 8:03 and found and fixed the problem by 8:15. Loose wire in a connector to a relay panel that feeds signals to the transmission controller. I had wiggled wires in that area for the last three days and never touched the right one. Of course, it helps when you know what you are doing!

We will be on the road later this morning and at our destination (Narrows Too Resort in Trenton) by lunch time.  If I can get out of this campsite, that is. It rained last night and its uphill on wet grass!

Great news Gary. Good to hear you found some competent help.

Wow, easy fix, hope it stays that way.  I have a guy coming this morning to fix my propane leak which just leaves me the air dryer to get fixed when I get back to Miami. Hope that wet grass doesn't get you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom