EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: LOSING MY ENTHUSIASM FOR RVing  (Read 19971 times)

Karsty

• ---
  • Niagara Falls, Ontario CANADA
    • PBASE PHOTO GALLERYS
Re: LOSING MY ENTHUSIASM FOR RVing
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2012, 02:15:55 PM »
as for ramps check at your local CTC store (canadian tire Corp) they have plastic 12000lbs ramps for 49.99 (just search for ramps on the web site) I bought a set when they were on sale for 29.99 going to be trying them out this week installing headers :) (no sense have a big block chevy if you can't hear it)

I don't think the ramps are wide enough for the rear wheel set but you might be able to get one side up in the air. or buy 2 sets of ramps. remember to block the front wheels as all your brake holding is done on the rear wheels.

good luck.

Who would have thought that CTC had ramps up to 12,000 lbs?? I didn't. I'll check them out right now. Thanks for the tip on safety. Always good idea to have reminders.
2012 Winnebago ERA.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

skitter

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
I almost lost interest also purchased a2005 rt with 34,000 it took the dealer 9 days to prep it  after I get it home gfi trips every time I plug in,hot water tank electric switch stuck on,no frame to make queen size bed service tells me 2 weeks out for appointment calledmy salesman he gets me in next day.after fixing switch no  hot water element was fried ,first first camping trip . Last weekend came home and noticed a crack in the lower w.shield  I don't know what is next maybe the Rev is cursed.

Karsty

• ---
    • PBASE PHOTO GALLERYS
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 09:47:51 AM »
I almost lost interest also purchased a2005 rt with 34,000 it took the dealer 9 days to prep it  after I get it home gfi trips every time I plug in,hot water tank electric switch stuck on,no frame to make queen size bed service tells me 2 weeks out for appointment calledmy salesman he gets me in next day.after fixing switch no  hot water element was fried ,first first camping trip . Last weekend came home and noticed a crack in the lower w.shield  I don't know what is next maybe the Rev is cursed.

"skitter" ... I certainly  feel your pain. My situation has improved somewhat, but I don't deal with the dealer I purchased my RV from ... unless I absolutely have to. I think a service department can make or break the RVers experience in some cases. I am slowly learning the ins and outs of my RV and will try and fix things myself ... or ask friends or family for help if necessary.

I hope your experience improves as travelling by the Class B can be very rewarding and enjoyable once you get going.
2012 Winnebago ERA.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

veraletta

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »
I know how you feel, we too just brought RV Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2014 picked up a little over a month ago took it to Disney world in Florida I empty black water tank then tried to empty gray tank and it would not empty called the dealer back in Ohio who gave me number near disney world.. Called that number to be told they come out to fix that I need to call this other guy who thank god did come out and fix it at a tune of $400... Seems our gate value was still factory sealed from behind the gate value... it took the guy one hour to free it... Now trying to get ahold of Winnebago to see if we can get any of our money back $400 is a lot to lose because someone forget to unseal tank..... We have trouble with dinning table not fiting right which broke first night. Trim of dinning room came off on the drive down...
Hello when people buy new, they want at least the gray tank emtpying...

Karsty

• ---
    • PBASE PHOTO GALLERYS
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
I know how you feel, we too just brought RV Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2014 picked up a little over a month ago took it to Disney world in Florida I empty black water tank then tried to empty gray tank and it would not empty called the dealer back in Ohio who gave me number near disney world.. Called that number to be told they come out to fix that I need to call this other guy who thank god did come out and fix it at a tune of $400... Seems our gate value was still factory sealed from behind the gate value... it took the guy one hour to free it... Now trying to get ahold of Winnebago to see if we can get any of our money back $400 is a lot to lose because someone forget to unseal tank..... We have trouble with dinning table not fiting right which broke first night. Trim of dinning room came off on the drive down...
Hello when people buy new, they want at least the gray tank emtpying...

If nothing else that should be a dealer PDI issue. They should have checked and tested to make sure all the features were working. They just don't seem to care anymore. As for the issue of quality control ... it seems to be none existent in North America. I've seem too many issues with my own unit and others that just shouldn't be. A lack of pride in workmanship.
2012 Winnebago ERA.

Len and Jo

• ---
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 09:20:52 PM »
It is wise to test/use ALL camping equipment (and RV equipment) prior to taking it on its first trip.  To assume that everything will work is dangerous.  Check everything out while at home, near the dealer and not under any time constraint.  If nothing else it will make for a much more pleasant trip when you hit the road.
Len & Jo
The Green Tardis
We 'B' RVing   Berkley, Michigan
Van Development:   https://youtu.be/5Xqk_G6k95M
12 Years of Travels:  https://youtu.be/UMIf17CzdZo

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 08:33:10 AM »
Without seeing your rig I can not be sure of anything.. However the most common installed Macerator is the RV Sanicon.. This unit hooks to the RV's systems with a standard 3" hose about 1' long,  Above this connection is a common and standard dump valve system servicing both black and gray tanks.

It is possible to unhook the hose and hook up a standard "Stinky Slinky"

However.. this does NOT mean your rig is designed that way.  Which is why I can not say more without hands on.

I'm only about 10 miles out of Canada (Port Huron/Sarnia crossing) just now in St. Clair MI. will be here till Monday.  and back 2 weeks later.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

4ducksrus

• ---
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 10:05:41 AM »
I know others mentioned this, but it was passed over quickly.  Why haven't you called Winnebago Customer Service?  They've been a wonderful source of information for us!  A couple of times we were in situations that we figured were "tow" truck time, but alas I called, got Erik, Tom, or Todd and they talked us through the fix!  They've emailed me diagrams too.  I ALWAYS call them before my rig goes in for any problems and they've saved me visits several times!

Just my 2 cents worth!!!

Mikie
Jim & Mikie

2011 Itasca Meridian 40U
2013 Jeep Rubicon
2003 HD Ultra Classic
WIT WI54011

dmccrary90025

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2016, 11:44:20 AM »
might be a better heading if you stated the problem as I am on the cusp of taking off on a similar adventure and you scared me! Then I realized its the waste issue and i have read these and thank you for the info!

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »
Yikes, are things tight under there!  Is that a scuff mark on the drive shaft from it rubbing on the crossover PVC pipe?  How much clearance is there between the PVC gate valves and that hot exhaust pipe?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:48:50 PM by Lou Schneider »

Alfa38User

• ---
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2016, 12:41:38 PM »
For those presently reading this thread, please realize the is from mid 2013 and the OP has most likely solved the problem long ago.... or not!!
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

Ryan Tolmann

• ---
  • '..Do or dont do..there is no try..' -Yoda
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 02:19:10 AM »
I know this is a late post, but they make stackable 'levelers' too...in a pinch you could lego a couple ramps.   You mentioned a ditch as a crew pit, thats thinking out side the box.
Hmm my avatar is too large?...but its just my head...oh well im on FB if you need to see me or contact me asap

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 08:53:44 AM »
That is correct ... Maybe it's about time I changed my picture as well. But it is just so darn cute!! Least my mother use to tell me I was!!!  ;D

I was going to ask if you have started shaving yet. LOL
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Grace-10 & Squeak-4, Winnie - 5 months

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2016, 08:55:31 AM »
For those presently reading this thread, please realize the is from mid 2013 and the OP has most likely solved the problem long ago.... or not!!
  Thanks Stu.  One day I will remember to see how old some of these posts are.  Maybe the guy has started shaving by now (judging from his photo).  LOL
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Grace-10 & Squeak-4, Winnie - 5 months

Hosted by Over The Network