LOSING MY ENTHUSIASM FOR RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pickettt said:
Karsty,  loosen the hose clamps on the yellow part, unthread and remove the red part.  Open the gray water valve and you will have gray water emptying from the tank.

PERFECT!!! Thanks very much "pickett". I was looking at the diagrams the other day but they were pretty much Greek to me. I always did like coloured pictures better.  ;D

"Gottasmilealot" ... I agree ... but as I understand they don't get paid as much for warranty work as the poor guy that  comes off the road to get robbed ... hence the warranty work has to wait. This seems to be the pattern for this dealer. They are a large dealer ... just that their service department sucks ... IMHO.  :-\

"phantomcarp" ... I wish it was that easy. The ERA has neither. I looked into putting jacks on her but it is expensive and not easy. Not much room under there. And their is no air system.  HOWEVER ... what I have found is a drainage ditch not too far away that I can drive over thus allowing me my own kind of "pit" to crawl into and get underneath. Once under there I will try what "pickett" has suggested and also get some pictures and video of the undercarriage so I can at least have some real pictures of what is what under there. I also have a friend that will make me a set of ramps but he is in the process of moving right now and I will have to wait for those. I would do it myself but I am not mechanically inclined in any way shape or form ... and I don't have tools anyway. The EX and her new husband have all mine.  :-\

phantomcarp said:
;)    Karsty    You need a new husband    ;)

I'm afraid I don't wave that particular flag. I was married for 21 years and when my EX left for some other guy and took most everything we/I owned with her ... I figured it was't worth the aggravation to have someone else around telling me what I can't do and when I can't do them. No thanks ... I like the idea of coming and going as I please ...

Admitidly an extra pair of hands would come in handy once in awhile ... but I'm not willing to pay the price that having a women around the house would ultimately cost me in terms of my financial well being and my mentally sanity.  :mad:

On a positive note ... I am heading out this morning with a friend and going to try and loosen the hose from the tank to the macerator pump and see if I can at least drain the grey water tank for now. Funny thing though .... after having virtually no rain all month we had a severe thunderstorm roll through last night that filled the drainage ditches. Knowing my luck I'll get down into the ditch and probably drowned.  :-\

One week from today I have my appointment at the dealers.

PancakeBill said:
OP lives in Canada.

I made the same mistake, I thought OP was a female.

That is correct ... Maybe it's about time I changed my picture as well. But it is just so darn cute!! Least my mother use to tell me I was!!!  ;D

Karsty said:
That is correct ... Maybe it's about time I changed my picture as well. But it is just so darn cute!! Least my mother use to tell me I was!!!  ;D

There!!! Is that better.  ;D

(Updated photo in avitar)

So ... I went out this morning and sure enough the ditches we water soaked and the mosquitoes were brutal. PLUS ... my arms were about 10 feet too short to reach the rubber sleeve and undo the brackets.  :(

I did however manage to get a couple of pictures. (See below). I am going out later today to see if I can get one of the other oil change places to let me drive over their pit and see if I can loosen the hose. If not ... I guess I have to wait for my appointment next week. I am going to contact my friend and see if I can get him to hustle up on a set of ramps for me.

Thanks to everyone for you suggestions and comments.

Karsty

Attachments

• IMG_5266 copy.jpg
    IMG_5266 copy.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 173
as for ramps check at your local CTC store (canadian tire Corp) they have plastic 12000lbs ramps for 49.99 (just search for ramps on the web site) I bought a set when they were on sale for 29.99 going to be trying them out this week installing headers :) (no sense have a big block chevy if you can't hear it)

I don't think the ramps are wide enough for the rear wheel set but you might be able to get one side up in the air. or buy 2 sets of ramps. remember to block the front wheels as all your brake holding is done on the rear wheels.

good luck.

1275gtsport said:
as for ramps check at your local CTC store (canadian tire Corp) they have plastic 12000lbs ramps for 49.99 (just search for ramps on the web site) I bought a set when they were on sale for 29.99 going to be trying them out this week installing headers :) (no sense have a big block chevy if you can't hear it)

I don't think the ramps are wide enough for the rear wheel set but you might be able to get one side up in the air. or buy 2 sets of ramps. remember to block the front wheels as all your brake holding is done on the rear wheels.

good luck.

Who would have thought that CTC had ramps up to 12,000 lbs?? I didn't. I'll check them out right now. Thanks for the tip on safety. Always good idea to have reminders.

I almost lost interest also purchased a2005 rt with 34,000 it took the dealer 9 days to prep it  after I get it home gfi trips every time I plug in,hot water tank electric switch stuck on,no frame to make queen size bed service tells me 2 weeks out for appointment calledmy salesman he gets me in next day.after fixing switch no  hot water element was fried ,first first camping trip . Last weekend came home and noticed a crack in the lower w.shield  I don't know what is next maybe the Rev is cursed.

skitter said:
I almost lost interest also purchased a2005 rt with 34,000 it took the dealer 9 days to prep it  after I get it home gfi trips every time I plug in,hot water tank electric switch stuck on,no frame to make queen size bed service tells me 2 weeks out for appointment calledmy salesman he gets me in next day.after fixing switch no  hot water element was fried ,first first camping trip . Last weekend came home and noticed a crack in the lower w.shield  I don't know what is next maybe the Rev is cursed.

"skitter" ... I certainly  feel your pain. My situation has improved somewhat, but I don't deal with the dealer I purchased my RV from ... unless I absolutely have to. I think a service department can make or break the RVers experience in some cases. I am slowly learning the ins and outs of my RV and will try and fix things myself ... or ask friends or family for help if necessary.

I hope your experience improves as travelling by the Class B can be very rewarding and enjoyable once you get going.

I know how you feel, we too just brought RV Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2014 picked up a little over a month ago took it to Disney world in Florida I empty black water tank then tried to empty gray tank and it would not empty called the dealer back in Ohio who gave me number near disney world.. Called that number to be told they come out to fix that I need to call this other guy who thank god did come out and fix it at a tune of $400... Seems our gate value was still factory sealed from behind the gate value... it took the guy one hour to free it... Now trying to get ahold of Winnebago to see if we can get any of our money back $400 is a lot to lose because someone forget to unseal tank..... We have trouble with dinning table not fiting right which broke first night. Trim of dinning room came off on the drive down...
Hello when people buy new, they want at least the gray tank emtpying...

veraletta said:
I know how you feel, we too just brought RV Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2014 picked up a little over a month ago took it to Disney world in Florida I empty black water tank then tried to empty gray tank and it would not empty called the dealer back in Ohio who gave me number near disney world.. Called that number to be told they come out to fix that I need to call this other guy who thank god did come out and fix it at a tune of $400... Seems our gate value was still factory sealed from behind the gate value... it took the guy one hour to free it... Now trying to get ahold of Winnebago to see if we can get any of our money back $400 is a lot to lose because someone forget to unseal tank..... We have trouble with dinning table not fiting right which broke first night. Trim of dinning room came off on the drive down...
Hello when people buy new, they want at least the gray tank emtpying...

If nothing else that should be a dealer PDI issue. They should have checked and tested to make sure all the features were working. They just don't seem to care anymore. As for the issue of quality control ... it seems to be none existent in North America. I've seem too many issues with my own unit and others that just shouldn't be. A lack of pride in workmanship.

It is wise to test/use ALL camping equipment (and RV equipment) prior to taking it on its first trip.  To assume that everything will work is dangerous.  Check everything out while at home, near the dealer and not under any time constraint.  If nothing else it will make for a much more pleasant trip when you hit the road.

Without seeing your rig I can not be sure of anything.. However the most common installed Macerator is the RV Sanicon.. This unit hooks to the RV's systems with a standard 3" hose about 1' long,  Above this connection is a common and standard dump valve system servicing both black and gray tanks.

It is possible to unhook the hose and hook up a standard "Stinky Slinky"

However.. this does NOT mean your rig is designed that way.  Which is why I can not say more without hands on.

I'm only about 10 miles out of Canada (Port Huron/Sarnia crossing) just now in St. Clair MI. will be here till Monday.  and back 2 weeks later.

I know others mentioned this, but it was passed over quickly.  Why haven't you called Winnebago Customer Service?  They've been a wonderful source of information for us!  A couple of times we were in situations that we figured were "tow" truck time, but alas I called, got Erik, Tom, or Todd and they talked us through the fix!  They've emailed me diagrams too.  I ALWAYS call them before my rig goes in for any problems and they've saved me visits several times!

Just my 2 cents worth!!!

Mikie

might be a better heading if you stated the problem as I am on the cusp of taking off on a similar adventure and you scared me! Then I realized its the waste issue and i have read these and thank you for the info!

Yikes, are things tight under there!  Is that a scuff mark on the drive shaft from it rubbing on the crossover PVC pipe?  How much clearance is there between the PVC gate valves and that hot exhaust pipe?

Back
Top Bottom