Spontaneous North Idaho Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
As travel plans coincided, a mini rally was spontaneously created.  Ken and Sheila, Frank and Barb  came from Hells Canyon area and Randy and Debbie came from Missoula MT.  Paths merged at our retreat in Clark Fork, Idaho.  Randy and Debbie  are at River Delta  RV Park next door while Frank and Ken snagged  spots on our  place. 

After everyone got set up with power, TV,  internet, we traveled into Clark Fork,ID  to get a burger at Cabinet Grill in town.  I hear the Moose burger was a hit.  I had soup and salad.  We then took a trip to " The Pantry" a  local bakery, and then off to the Cabinet Gorge Dam View point area.  When we returned we set  " happy hour"  at 4:30 at our place along the river.  We saw an eagle land in a tree and Debbie watched carefully for a bit but we did not see that eagle fly away until 8:37 pm.  Sorry Debbie, you missed it.

Plans for tomorrow, include a trip to Ross Cedars for a short hike, then to a bar in Noxon, MT  for a burger. Stay tuned.  We want to  have a kayak ride in river if weather  cooperates.  Photos here in  no particular order.

Attachments

• IMG_8382.JPG
    IMG_8382.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_8385.JPG
    IMG_8385.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8386.JPG
    IMG_8386.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8387.JPG
    IMG_8387.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8390.JPG
    IMG_8390.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8394.JPG
    IMG_8394.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 63
If you or anyone in the group has not been there, They should really enjoy the cedars.  Libby and Troy further north are interesting.  Libby has a Scandinavian ?days celebration but I don't know when. 

Are we ever envious.Most of our favorite forumites  together in Idaho and we are in Maine and Vermont. :(

Looks like fun.

Sounds real tempting, but checked miles.  Being s northeast guy distances to next door states still almost surprise me.  476 miles Old Faithful to Clark Fork, ID.  Easier for you guys, all downhill to here (south)

Color me green!  I'd forgotten how beautiful and serene your Idaho hideaway is.  Would love to be able to join you and the others right now.

Margi

Well at 5:03 am I heard a big clap of thunder and it has been pouring rain all morning with a forecast to continue.  So our hike is postponed.  Oh well , what are we to do?  Read a book, rock  on the porch, watch the river flow by, play checkers ?  oh choices choices! 
Won't need to run the sprinklers.  Must remember to turn them off. Everything sure stays green when it rains all the time.

What fun, looks like all are having a good time.  But how can you not at one of the prettiest spots in the country and good friends to share it with. 

Daisy

Color me jealous, too. What a great group. Although we are enjoying visiting with Mom & Dad in central Oregon. Slight chance of thunderstorms here.

Wendy

Wow that is one complex lightening strike.  I did not see any lightening with our rain and thunder but then it  was 5 am and I don't see much outside then as my eyelids are closed.

Interesting that it grounded on the ridge next to all those TV towers instead of on one of the towers itself.  They must have pretty effective lighting deterrents on them!

Well since our hike  was rained out, we had plan 2.  It involved Campfire in a Can and Popcorn on the  porch.

There is just no way to keep this  group from having fun. Napping, reading, walking and talking also fit the bill of the day.

Chili and salad to follow for dinner!

Attachments

• IMG_8396.JPG
    IMG_8396.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8397.JPG
    IMG_8397.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8399.JPG
    IMG_8399.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 54
This looks like Moab - Part Fourteen!!

Somebody ought to start a progressive rally and someone carries one of the Moab awards. As long as the totem is with someone, the rally continues, kinda like the Olympic torch. I guess the torch could be the Campfire in a Can.

We're still with the Delkers and of course have run into all these rascals all the way since Moab. And then there was Bernie and Marlene!

Good times - glad to see everyone having fun!

Ron,

Let us know when you get to YP and we will try to come up for the day.  This week is a bad one for us as I have a meeting tomorrow, Tuesday and then I am part of the Sheriff's communications team for the fair Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the afternoon each day.

We do this service every year as part of our Search & Rescue activities.

Ron from Big D said:
Any of you headed to Yellowstone?  Shirley and I will be joining the Dicks there in a couple days.  Plan to stay a while.

Ron,

I checked with the crew here and looks like none of them are heading toward Yellowstone this  time.  Have fun and send us photos of what  you are seeing.

BB

Where ever you go, you make a party Betty!  I love that about you! Tell everybody we said Hi!  I'm so excited, the sun came out in Anchorage today, WOOHOO!!!!!!! 

We are headed for Homer tomorrow and plan on stopping by and saying Hi to Marsha.  Stay dry!

Framily, I will be driving through tomorrow in my car on the way to a job near Bull Lake, up 56 from Noxon, MT.
If you are still around, I'd love to stop by and say HI!
A good friend needs a hand up that way, he has a cabin off the grid and quite a ways from pavement. I am building a 2000' long "driveway", among other things :)

Jim:  We should be there Wednesday evening.  Not sure what the schedule will be.  Give me a call Wednesday night at 214-676-4046 or send me a message for us to hook up.

Betty:  Thanks for checking with the group.  We'll put up some images while at the park provided I have internet service.

Well we are just not meant to hike the Ross Cedar creek area.  It is raining again!  So we had  strawberry waffles as a group.(Thinking of you Ron M.)  Mexican train is set up but I can't get anyone to play.  Frank has the campfire going on the porch.  Skyking1 is going to drive by this afternoon.  Can a group get any better?  Maybe Sheila and I will take a walk in the rain.

Waffle  photos to follow.

Back
Top Bottom