Spontaneous North Idaho Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff said:
I guess it is a good thing I am on the east coast! ;D

Jeff,

Sorry you weren't here, but then that left more for me!!!

Ken
sitting, typing and watching the river. just finished dinner while watching the river. it's a hard life. i even did some work watching the river (gotta earn my pay every now and then or they might forget me)

Betty, it rained again up on that job  :eek:
I got there, nobody was around but they left me a quad to ride in. I took one look at the "road" and took them up on the offer. I videoed on the way in.
First impression video:
http://youtu.be/Eokc8AhK0XY

Yikes!

Me too! It was great to meet all you folks and look forward to whatever rally we can attend :)

That road looks like what we encountered when we blazed a trail onto our property in western WA.  Nothing several truckloads of base rock and some rolling won't fix.

Of course, our driveway was only 150 ft. long .....

Ok so the day cleared.  Randy's mail arrived.  Ken's mail arrived. Sheila and I went for a walk, met a few new neighbors.  Kelly (skyking1)  arrived for a visit.  We  visited, heard about his  job plans close by in MT  and then  he had to run off to check out the job.  Did ya see his video of the job!  Wow.

Then we  had a grill it dinner! We saw chicken, pork chops, and  large shrimp on the  barbbie. Plus grilled  pineapple, zucchini, and lots of colors of  bell peppers!

We sat by the river after dinner and enjoyed the  conversation.  Oh yeah, I forgot a most important part of the day.  PIE    We had courtesy of Randy and Debbie, Almond Joy coconut cream pie and Rassledazzle  pie and ice cream.  Oh my gosh. I'll need to run a marathon tomorrow to burn up all the calories.

We bid adieu to  Frank and Barb in the morning as they head to Glacier. 

Attachments

• IMG_8421.JPG
    IMG_8421.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8424.JPG
    IMG_8424.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8427.JPG
    IMG_8427.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8434.JPG
    IMG_8434.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8437.JPG
    IMG_8437.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8452.JPG
    IMG_8452.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8453.JPG
    IMG_8453.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8461.JPG
    IMG_8461.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 32
Of course it didn't take all day, Jeff. As well versed as I am in the culinary arts, it only took about two minutes of my time. The greatest part of that time was spent deciding what pies we wanted. The rest of the time was spent swiping my credit card and signing the charge slip.

I would like to thank our gracious hosts, Betty & Terry, for a good time, great view and most of all the wonderful friends we had the pleasure of relaxing and breaking bread (eating) with; and we did plenty of that!
Thanks again,
Frank & Barb

Well remember that hike  that was rained out for a few days?  Well it happened yesterday.  Ken and Sheila chauffeured us out Highway 56 in Montana to Ross Cedars.  It's a grove of old  Cedar trees with interpretive signs.  You will see our group studying the  flora and fauna.  You will see the logs  reverting back to the earth, you will see my tree hugger friend  Sheila, you will see the wilderness area in which this  grove is located.  We hope you enjoy the hike that finally happened.  Frank and Barb had already  left and missed it, and Randy and Debbie took a pass.

Then we went to Toby's Tavern in Noxon,  MT for a fantastic burger. They had no menus, they had no ice tea, they had no draft  beer, but they did have history and a colorful environment.  We are all still giggling!

Attachments

• IMG_8484.JPG
    IMG_8484.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8487.JPG
    IMG_8487.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8492.JPG
    IMG_8492.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8498.JPG
    IMG_8498.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8515.JPG
    IMG_8515.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8519.JPG
    IMG_8519.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8530.JPG
    IMG_8530.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8532.JPG
    IMG_8532.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 27
That second picture of the fallen logs reminds me of the trees we played on as children at Huntington Lake in the High Sierras.  They were locomotives, they were horses, they were big trucks, and they took us wherever our imaginations wanted to go!  Pre-TV and video games, obviously.  ;D  It's a wonder we never were bitten by ticks. ;)

Margi

I'm just loving this topic, following Framily visiting the Brewers, both gracious hosts. I'm especially enjoying the photos of everyone.

We would like to thank our hosts Terry&Betty for a wonderful time here on the Clark Fork River.
I have attached a couple of pictures from Ross Creek Cedars. Another picture is a moose swimming downstream. He exited the river just across the way. The other picture is an Osprey over the river. We also sited an eagle but I never had the camera!

The moose is very appropriate since Betty has a lots of moose items at the cabin.

Attachments

• Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 128.JPG
    Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 128.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 134.JPG
    Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 134.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 145.JPG
    Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 145.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 142.JPG
    Hells Canyon and Clark Fork 142.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 29
Ken, if you don't know the difference between a mouse and a moose, I don't want to be in the woods with you. ;) :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom